AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Yeah, myself and a few others have seen this issue. Familiar set of circumstances appears to be starting the car from Ford Pass and the charge coupler is still connected to the car. I personally stopped using FP to start the car and have not seen the warnings since. Going on 9 month of ownership FWIW.
This is exactly what heppened to me today!! Started the car from within fordpass for the first time in months, and it was plugged into the evse.

Can anyone pull exactly what these codes are? My OBD2 wouldn't connect.
3FMTK3SU3MMA02462
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This is exactly what heppened to me today!! Started the car from within fordpass for the first time in months, and it was plugged into the evse.

3FMTK3SU3MMA02462
Sorry man, P0ADE, you need a new HVBJB. You may also need a new charge port because it's been overheating recently (P0E5F).

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@MachLee Thank you. Actually I'm not all that pissed off about it. I think I went from grieving to anger to acceptance all in the last 12 hours.

I knew the charging port was getting hot, but my dealer has no way to actually test it and verify it to order the part. I noticed it would over heat and shut down on anything above 32 amp. The charger they have is 30 amp. I'm not sure how to advise them. ☹

Always a bad experience when the service manager says "You probably know more about this car than I do!".

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@MachLee Thank you. Actually I'm not all that pissed off about it. I think I went from grieving to anger to acceptance all in the last 12 hours.

I knew the charging port was getting hot, but my dealer has no way to actually test it and verify it to order the part. I noticed it would over heat and shut down on anything above 32 amp. The charger they have is 30 amp. I'm not sure how to advise them. ☹

Always a bad experience when the service manager says "You probably know more about this car than I do!".
@Ford Motor Company We have a DM thread going already, but if you can advise me if I should reference our open case number when I call them tomorrow, now about the HVBJB that would be appreciated. I can't afford to be out of a car for multiple days.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Take a flashlight and look at your charge port pins. If they are bent, corroded, or heat warped they can claim the repair with a picture based on a visual inspection only.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take a flashlight and look at your charge port pins. If they are bent, corroded, or heat warped they can claim the repair with a picture based on a visual inspection only.
Thank you. I sincerely appreciate you.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I did take a few pictures before completing the drop off at the dealer. Not sure if what I'm seeing means anything.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Service Vehicle Soon notice 20220902_132627

The two pins in the top are much darker than the others, and the one on the left looks slightly deformed on the end.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I did take a few pictures before completing the drop off at the dealer. Not sure if what I'm seeing means anything.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Service Vehicle Soon notice 20220902_132627

The two pins in the top are much darker than the others, and the one on the left looks slightly deformed on the end.
Yeah the left one looks damaged so that’s your issue. P0E5F code + damaged pin should be enough to approve a charge port warranty claim.

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag

3FMTK3SU3MMA02462
Well, yesterday my GTPE just sent the service engine soon. I had charged it to 95% wednesday night, drove it around town in Whisper mode for 20 miles, then drove on the highway for 45 miles in whisper. I was casually passing a car and it popped up. Now it is on full time, and I have the parts on order, but they are backordered. This car has been fast charged 2 times in 14000 miles, last time was May 15, and it never is run in the crazy setting. Should I drive it while I am waiting to get fixed? National backorder on parts I guess, the car is in my garage. Can I drive it?
Sponsored