LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
So, I have about 3k miles on my select. I charge once or twice a week at home on a 240v outlet. I plugged in today and around 3 hours later I got a charge fault notification. I went to the car and tried unplugging and plugging it back in. The charge light is red and stays that way. When I got in the car I got a "service vehicle soon" light and a little wrench. Any ideas on why? It still starts. I turned it off and on a few times with no changes. Still a red ring and still a service light.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, I have about 3k miles on my select. I charge once or twice a week at home on a 240v outlet. I plugged in today and around 3 hours later I got a charge fault notification. I went to the car and tried unplugging and plugging it back in. The charge light is red and stays that way. When I got in the car I got a "service vehicle soon" light and a little wrench. Any ideas on why? It still starts. I turned it off and on a few times with no changes. Still a red ring and still a service light.
More than likely the dreaded HVBJB issue. Did you receive the recall update?

OP
OP
LexiRN

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
More than likely the dreaded HVBJB issue. Did you receive the recall update?
I got an update but it didn't mention the recall. It was something about fordpass and blue cruise. I thought the HVBJB threw a "stop safely now" and bricked the car? Mine still starts. Is this the precursor?

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I got an update but it didn't mention the recall. It was something about fordpass and blue cruise. I thought the HVBJB threw a "stop safely now" and bricked the car? Mine still starts. Is this the precursor?
This isn’t looking like a HVBJB issue. Someone with PTS can see what DTC is showing up but this likely is just a charging issue which can be corrected by updating OBCC.

OP
OP
LexiRN

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
This isn’t looking like a HVBJB issue. Someone with PTS can see what DTC is showing up but this likely is just a charging issue which can be corrected by updating OBCC.
So I'm new to this. What do all those letters mean? Lol

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I'm new to this. What do all those letters mean? Lol
That will be good if it is something simple as suggested. Hopefully you still have enough charge to drive it to your local dealer so they can run the diagnostics.

OP
OP
LexiRN

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
Update- a few hours later, my husband went out to the car and it was fine. He plugged it in, it charged to 90% with no faults and the light went off. 🤷‍♀️

JoelThePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE
Country flag

i got the same message with the same icons, took it into a dealer - they said it is the HVBJB issue and the part has been ordered. They have kept my car, and havent provided any time frame of when they will get the part in (only thing they have told me is that it is backordered).

This is post recall update, so I did have the updated software. As i understand it, if you had the recall update - then your car will not get bricked out right and you will be able to start the car and drive it for a small period (enough to get to a dealer)

OP
OP
LexiRN

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
i got the same message with the same icons, took it into a dealer - they said it is the HVBJB issue and the part has been ordered. They have kept my car, and havent provided any time frame of when they will get the part in (only thing they have told me is that it is backordered).

This is post recall update, so I did have the updated software. As i understand it, if you had the recall update - then your car will not get bricked out right and you will be able to start the car and drive it for a small period (enough to get to a dealer)
My car has been fine since but this makes me really nervous as I am supposed to be leaving for vacation in less than 2 weeks. I plan to drive the car from Baltimore to OBX.

squirreltech

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Cyber Orange
Country flag
My car has been fine since but this makes me really nervous as I am supposed to be leaving for vacation in less than 2 weeks. I plan to drive the car from Baltimore to OBX.
any further issues? I just had a charge fault which went away after 5 min after turning the car off and on twice and an unplug, reset breaker, and plug back in. Grizzl-e charger.

Hibtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Mach E GT
Country flag
Same thing happened to mine, so I came here to investigate. It seems to have cleared after I restarted the car a couple of times, and now it's charging again.

OP
OP
LexiRN

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
any further issues? I just had a charge fault which went away after 5 min after turning the car off and on twice and an unplug, reset breaker, and plug back in. Grizzl-e charger.
Sorry, just seeing this. No, I haven't had any other service messages or issues. No clue what it was all about.
Sponsored