roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service vehicle soon D6C33BB1-C47D-471A-9478-AFE493EBA607

Ford Mustang Mach-E Service vehicle soon C76088A6-8ADC-4724-BE72-10D7E5FAE4A0
On a roadtrip 300+ miles from home and was charging at CCS. After charging, I turned on vehicle and this popped up. My dealer supposedly already did the HVBJB recall update a couple of weeks ago. Any thoughts? Safe to make stops on the way home?

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
A lot of unknowns here. Without seeing the codes causing that message there are a lot of possibilities.

When you drive now is the power greatly reduced than before the charging stop? If not, I would not suspect the HVBJB. You might find that after the next stop and restart the message goes away and does not return. If that is the case, I would not worry about it unless the message keeps coming back.

If the light stays on and there is a big power loss, it MIGHT be the HVBJB, but even in that case I would continue to drive it. I would make an appointment now with your dealer and when parking the car I would always have the front of the car facing out so if a tow truck is needed they can pull up the car from the front (which is the only good tow points on the car).

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
On a roadtrip 300+ miles from home and was charging at CCS. After charging, I turned on vehicle and this popped up. My dealer supposedly already did the HVBJB recall update a couple of weeks ago. Any thoughts? Safe to make stops on the way home?
the recall you got a few weeks ago was likely just the 'software update' that is just an advanced 'early warning' notice. It also caps your max output at about 125kw to prevent further damage and sudden death.

you should be fine driving with the Warning.... but do make an appt at Dealership ASAP to pull codes and see if they can scheduled your HVBJB remove/replace if the appropriate codes were thrown.

OP
OP

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
A lot of unknowns here. Without seeing the codes causing that message there are a lot of possibilities.

When you drive now is the power greatly reduced than before the charging stop? If not, I would not suspect the HVBJB. You might find that after the next stop and restart the message goes away and does not return. If that is the case, I would not worry about it unless the message keeps coming back.

If the light stays on and there is a big power loss, it MIGHT be the HVBJB, but even in that case I would continue to drive it. I would make an appointment now with your dealer and when parking the car I would always have the front of the car facing out so if a tow truck is needed they can pull up the car from the front (which is the only good tow points on the car).
the recall you got a few weeks ago was likely just the 'software update' that is just an advanced 'early warning' notice. It also caps your max output at about 125kw to prevent further damage and sudden death.

you should be fine driving with the Warning.... but do make an appt at Dealership ASAP to pull codes and see if they can scheduled your HVBJB remove/replace if the appropriate codes were thrown.
Thanks, I don’t feel like there is power loss but I did notice the slower charging at DCFC yesterday (I only charged once from 50-80%, the rest has been on CCS). I guess my main worry is that I won’t be able to charge again. Earlier today, I turned the car on while still plugged in and a charge fault error came up, then the service vehicle soon error popped up. Hopefully it’s not the case since I definitely don’t have enough to make it home 😬

OP
OP

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
I just tried to plug it in and the charge port light is red and refuses to charge. Great…

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
You might find that if the car sits overnight the error might go away and the car will accept a charge again. If not, then it is off to the closest dealer to explain that there is an error displayed, the car is not accepting a charge, and you are quite a distance from home.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I just tried to plug it in and the charge port light is red and refuses to charge. Great…
Unplug, turn the car completely off, and try again in 10 minutes. Be sure to fully insert plug so it clicks and blue ring light illuminates.

OP
OP

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Unplug, turn the car completely off, and try again in 10 minutes. Be sure to fully insert plug so it clicks and blue ring light illuminates.
Thanks, i left it for 30 min, had the same error, then drove for 100 miles or so. Left it again for another hour and the error cleared and I was able to charge. I have a dealer appt tomorrow morning but now I’m not sure if they will find anything or if it resolved itself.

OP
OP

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Some additional strange behavior from my car I noticed during the final stretch home:
1) the clock suddenly switched time zones to GMT (4 hours behind my time zone)
2) bluecruise is unable to turn on the duration of the trip, even on Bluecruise roads. instead, I could only use the hands-on adaptive cruise control which canceled quite a few times.
3) fordpass cannot locate the car
4) the speed limit box is now empty
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service vehicle soon 75B158A3-802E-4692-A0FD-00BEEC835682
Fingers crossed it turns on in the morning🤞

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, i left it for 30 min, had the same error, then drove for 100 miles or so. Left it again for another hour and the error cleared and I was able to charge. I have a dealer appt tomorrow morning but now I’m not sure if they will find anything or if it resolved itself.
I have not yet had the issue, but will at some time I think, but my understanding is the car retains error codes so the dealer should be able to see what is going on. I would certainly read up on the HVBJB failure thread so you know what steps to take to help get the speediest resolution if it is a bad HVBJB.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Please make sure your dealer reads all of the codes and doesn’t just reset the codes and send you on your way. 😱🐩

EDIT: That should have been “…reads and documents all of the codes…” 😅🐩

Last edited:

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Some additional strange behavior from my car I noticed during the final stretch home:
1) the clock suddenly switched time zones to GMT (4 hours behind my time zone)
2) bluecruise is unable to turn on the duration of the trip, even on Bluecruise roads. instead, I could only use the hands-on adaptive cruise control which canceled quite a few times.
3) fordpass cannot locate the car
4) the speed limit box is now empty
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service vehicle soon 75B158A3-802E-4692-A0FD-00BEEC835682
Fingers crossed it turns on in the morning🤞
Was the navigation (GPS) working? All of them sound like navigation/ connectivity issues but not HVJBJ