Set specific radio station for startup?

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I’d like the car to start up to a specific radio station, regardless of what I was listening to when the car turned off. Sometimes I’ll be listening to something not exactly child friendly, and if the kids are with me the next time I drive, there’s a few awkward moments as I wait for the center screen to be responsive to volume or radio station changes.

When I was first setting up the vehicle, I thought I saw this option and now I can’t find it…though there’s a chance I just made up the whole thing.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm not aware of any way to do that. I've gotten into the habit of switching to something other than Howard Stern before shutting the car off.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Nope.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm not aware of any way to do that. I've gotten into the habit of switching to something other than Howard Stern before shutting the car off.
Haha, I do the same thing, Howard is just so unpredictable on what they could be talking about lol.

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Haha, I do the same thing, Howard is just so unpredictable on what they could be talking about lol.
Ha, it's Stern that's making me look for this option!

Mandragon

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium Mach-E
Country flag
I’d like the car to start up to a specific radio station, regardless of what I was listening to when the car turned off. Sometimes I’ll be listening to something not exactly child friendly, and if the kids are with me the next time I drive, there’s a few awkward moments as I wait for the center screen to be responsive to volume or radio station changes.

When I was first setting up the vehicle, I thought I saw this option and now I can’t find it…though there’s a chance I just made up the whole thing.
After going through a different post about lesson's learned, the idea was brought up to go through the manual. Pfft, who does that, right? Well, I'm going through the 'Quick Guide' and I think I may have found the answer to your question. I don't have the car yet so I can't try this but maybe it'll work just as you need it to.

Edit: Damn, can't add pictures. Navigate to the link below and look at page 13.

Quick Guide

Further confirmation that it can be done. Also seems like you can activate it from your phone's Ford app.

Second Source

Last edited:
OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
After going through a different post about lesson's learned, the idea was brought up to go through the manual. Pfft, who does that, right? Well, I'm going through the 'Quick Guide' and I think I may have found the answer to your question. I don't have the car yet so I can't try this but maybe it'll work just as you need it to.

Edit: Damn, can't add pictures. Navigate to the link below and look at page 13.

Quick Guide

Further confirmation that it can be done. Also seems like you can activate it from your phone's Ford app.

Second Source

I think those are pointing out that radio presets can be tied to a profile. So if I only listen to stations 1, 2, 3, and 4 they can be my presets. Then when my wife starts the car, the radio will show her presets 5, 6, 7, and 8.

I don’t think that means every time I start the car it plays NPR regardless of what station was playing when I turned the car off.
Sponsored