macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
After reading a few things about proper charging I set the charge limit on my MME to 90% when charging at home. Since we dont have an electric plan that has lower rates for nighttime use I set charging to be allowed at any time. Despite limiting the charging to 90% it has charged to 100% each time I plug it in overnight. I am using a ChargePoint charger in my garage. Any ideas why its not stopping at 90%?
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This is becoming a very common question around here. 1st issue is always, are you setting the 90% limit in your app? Or on the car’s big screen? The app is garbage. Use the screen. Secondly, have you saved the location for your place of charge? Thirdly? Do you have “charge whenever plugged in” selected within the app, or do you have a schedule set on the big screen.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
After reading a few things about proper charging I set the charge limit on my MME to 90% when charging at home. Since we dont have an electric plan that has lower rates for nighttime use I set charging to be allowed at any time. Despite limiting the charging to 90% it has charged to 100% each time I plug it in overnight. I am using a ChargePoint charger in my garage. Any ideas why its not stopping at 90%?
Let us know if this gets sorted. Works fine on mine.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let us know if this gets sorted. Works fine on mine.
I had programmed everything in the app and in the car. The only thing i had wrong was that i had it set to charge when plugged in. Ive changed that. Ill let you know what happens next time i charge. Thanks for all the feedback. Hopefully that fixes the issue

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
The charge settings are an unintuitive mess, like pretty much everything else on the FordPass app. On the Tesla app, you have one battery level meter with a slider bar to set the charge limit and boom, you're done.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The charge settings are an unintuitive mess, like pretty much everything else on the FordPass app. On the Tesla app, you have one battery level meter with a slider bar to set the charge limit and boom, you're done.
It's almost like Tesla has had years to refine the UI.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's almost like Tesla has had years to refine the UI.
But shouldn't Ford just copy what works? New players shouldn't have to start at zero. The software on the Ford def has a long way to go. For users who want to say, charge whenever I have it plugged in but keep the upper limit to 90%...it should be a easy and common use-case.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
But shouldn't Ford just copy what works? New players shouldn't have to start at zero. The software on the Ford def has a long way to go. For users who want to say, charge whenever I have it plugged in but keep the upper limit to 90%...it should be a easy and common use-case.
Exactly.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Just wanted to thank all for having answers to my issues as I hit them.... Came out to the garage to my car at 90% when I thought I had it at max of 80%. Made changes recommended here, guessing that will do the trick.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That worked. Charged to 90% last night. Thanks for the suggestions
Thought I should update this. After following the suggestions the app did say it had completed charging to 90% the next day but when I got in the car it was charged all the way to 100%. Since Ford has built in a 20% buffer on the battery Im starting to think it doesn’t really matter.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Thought I should update this. After following the suggestions the app did say it had completed charging to 90% the next day but when I got in the car it was charged all the way to 100%. Since Ford has built in a 20% buffer on the battery Im starting to think it doesn’t really matter.
I am not sure it is 20% buffer. The extended range have 88 Kwh usable but it is a 99 KWH battery. They have slightly over a 10% buffer.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
It's an issue with the GPS location. When I'm at home, it shows my location as 5 houses down unfortunately, so it doesn't use my "Home" settings which are set to charge to 90%. Instead it charges to 100%. Annoying...
Sponsored