Setting cabin temperature

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
Is there a way to set the cabin temperature from the Ford Pass App on demand?

I have the planned departure times set in the app, but I'm curious about departures that aren't planned. Can you set a temperature 15 minutes before you know leave? I didn't see that as an option.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
If you had turned it off with the heat/AC already going, you could do a remote start, which would turn those systems on as well.

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
If you had turned it off with the heat/AC already going, you could do a remote start, which would turn those systems on as well.
ah ok, yeah remote start makes sense. I guess it'll set the temperature based on whatever was set before?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
ah ok, yeah remote start makes sense. I guess it'll set the temperature based on whatever was set before?
Or it’ll set it to 72 degrees. Depends if you have the setting set to “last temperature used” or “auto”

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
Ok, I'm not even sure where mine was set. We got the car of the weekend and haven't gone through all the settings yet. There's so much!

By the way, it seems the in cabin temperature is warm and the fans don't always kick on. I'm wondering if I don't have it set quite right. The weather has been really nice here so I had the windows down and didn't mess with it much yet.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
By the way, it seems the in cabin temperature is warm and the fans don't always kick on. I'm wondering if I don't have it set quite right. The weather has been really nice here so I had the windows down and didn't mess with it much yet.
Same here. I'm finding it difficult to get climate control to maintain my ideal cabin temp. 'Auto' usually makes it too warm, despite what temp is set.

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
Same here. I'm finding it difficult to get climate control to maintain my ideal cabin temp. 'Auto' usually makes it too warm, despite what temp is set.
Has anyone started a post on that yet? I haven't searched yet. Maybe it's worth starting one.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've seen some comments about the ventilation in the things you like and don't like thread. I have a Ford suv with auto climate control and it works great. Not sure why i find this one so difficult to set right.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I've seen some comments about the ventilation in the things you like and don't like thread. I have a Ford suv with auto climate control and it works great. Not sure why i find this one so difficult to set right.
which of the three "auto" settings are you using: high, medium or low? Also, are you finding it too warm for the setpoint you've chosen when the outside temp is fairly cold?

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
which of the three "auto" settings are you using: high, medium or low? Also, are you finding it too warm for the setpoint you've chosen when the outside temp is fairly cold?
Ok, auto didn't make sense to me with three settings. I'm coming from an old Lexus and auto was an on/off kind of thing. You used that with the desired temperature and everything was controlled from that.

Weather was in the mid-60's and sun was shining.

Is there a description somewhere what auto means in this sense with 3 options?

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Ok, auto didn't make sense to me with three settings. I'm coming from an old Lexus and auto was an on/off kind of thing. You used that with the desired temperature and everything was controlled from that.

Weather was in the mid-60's and sun was shining.

Is there a description somewhere what auto means in this sense with 3 options?
I believe the owner's manual on the touchscreen may have some details. But basically, the auto-high biases towards faster cooling (or heating), with more noise from registers. The auto-low biases towards less noise, with longer times to get the cabin to the setpoint temperature. The auto-medium is in between and would correlate to a typical Ford auto calibration.

So, you may want to try auto-medium or auto-high and see if those settings keep you more comfortable.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Low and yes, too warm. It was -5 outside.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Low and yes, too warm. It was -5 outside.
what was your temperature setting? Personally, when I'm looking for heat, any setting above 70F is too warm for me

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what was your temperature setting? Personally, when I'm looking for heat, any setting above 70F is too warm for me
It varied, but I mostly tried 69-71. The only way I could keep the cabin feel where I prefer it was to manually cycle the EHeat. There must be an easier way. I just haven't found it yet.
Sponsored