Setting up account for a cancelled-ordered MME bought off the lot?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Apologies if this info is already out there - I've read through many, many threads and I'm not finding what I want. Most of the info on this forum about setting up things like FordPass, etc. is for people who ordered their MMEs. I am planning to buy a cancelled-order MME off the lot within about a week - and I will immediately be driving it back home about 500 miles, the same day.

Question 1: Can/should I install or setup anything prior to taking delivery? I have a ford.com account, but that account only has my ordered MME (which I plan to cancel after taking delivery of the one I'm actually buying).

Question 2: Can/should I attempt to do any account setup at the dealership? It would be great to have FordPass Plug & Charge set up before my drive home, but I just think it is highly unlikely that can be implemented in time. How long does it take after purchasing a cancelled-order for Ford to even know that I own the thing and for it show up in FordPass, etc.?

Question 3: I'm buying a First Edition - do I need to do anything to claim my sweet fractal pony, or will Ford send that out after it receives confirmation of the purchase from the dealer?

Question 4: Will I be eligible for the extra 250kWh? What do I need to do to claim that?

Question 5: What other questions should I be asking?
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Just add the new Mach-E's VIN to your account and you should be good to go.

A Master Reset of SYNC at the dealership first wouldn't hurt, then add it. But that should be all you need to do for it to work as "yours" at the dealer.

For the 250 kWh, you will need to activate your FordPass Charging Network trial at ford.com/connectedservices once you activate the vehicle to FordPass with your phone and press accept in-vehicle at the dealer.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Question 3: I'm buying a First Edition - do I need to do anything to claim my sweet fractal pony, or will Ford send that out after it receives confirmation of the purchase from the dealer?
You will get the fractal pony about two weeks after the purchase.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just add the new Mach-E's VIN to your account and you should be good to go.

A Master Reset of SYNC at the dealership first wouldn't hurt, then add it. But that should be all you need to do for it to work as "yours" at the dealer.

For the 250 kWh, you will need to activate your FordPass Charging Network trial at ford.com/connectedservices once you activate the vehicle to FordPass with your phone and press accept in-vehicle at the dealer.
Ok, so I can add the VIN to my "garage" in my ford.com account. That would be easy enough to do at the dealership.

I'm confused about the FordPassCharging Network info. I don't even have FordPass installed on my phone. Wait to do this until I'm at the dealership?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Apologies if this info is already out there - I've read through many, many threads and I'm not finding what I want. Most of the info on this forum about setting up things like FordPass, etc. is for people who ordered their MMEs. I am planning to buy a cancelled-order MME off the lot within about a week - and I will immediately be driving it back home about 500 miles, the same day.

Question 1: Can/should I install or setup anything prior to taking delivery? I have a ford.com account, but that account only has my ordered MME (which I plan to cancel after taking delivery of the one I'm actually buying).

Question 2: Can/should I attempt to do any account setup at the dealership? It would be great to have FordPass Plug & Charge set up before my drive home, but I just think it is highly unlikely that can be implemented in time. How long does it take after purchasing a cancelled-order for Ford to even know that I own the thing and for it show up in FordPass, etc.?

Question 4: Will I be eligible for the extra 250kWh? What do I need to do to claim that?

Question 5: What other questions should I be asking?
1. I'd do it at the dealership. They should have a process of resetting the cars settings then activating so it works properly the first time.

2. Same as above

3. No, its all handled on the back end. There isn't a set time on when you'll get it though. I took delivery of my FE on 2/12 and still haven't even gotten a shipping notification for it.

4. I haven't seen for sure that ALL owners will get this. I haven't gotten an email saying it yet, but I just had a GT reservation and not an actual order. Picked up my FE off the lot as a canceled order.

5. The only things I had to worry about was getting the finance manager to find the right info on Ford Options, but I ended up not using it. And They had no idea how to handle the $100 rebate. They sent me a check for it a few weeks later after they confirmed I was right that they were supposed to handle it at signing.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ok, so I can add the VIN to my "garage" in my ford.com account. That would be easy enough to do at the dealership.

I'm confused about the FordPassCharging Network info. I don't even have FordPass installed on my phone. Wait to do this until I'm at the dealership?
To get the 250 kWh you have to activate the Ford Pass Charging Network at Ford.com/connectedservices after delivery and after the vehicle is active in your account. You do this by downloading FordPass, adding the VIN, getting in the vehicle, turning the "ignition" ON, hitting "Activate", waiting for the Mach-E's screen to confirm you want to add the vehicle to a FordPass account, and selecting Yes on the Mach-E's screen.

You can't use Plug&Charge at all or receive the 250 kWh without having set up FordPass on your phone, as far as I know.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. I'd do it at the dealership. They should have a process of resetting the cars settings then activating so it works properly the first time.

2. Same as above

3. No, its all handled on the back end. There isn't a set time on when you'll get it though. I took delivery of my FE on 2/12 and still haven't even gotten a shipping notification for it.

4. I haven't seen for sure that ALL owners will get this. I haven't gotten an email saying it yet, but I just had a GT reservation and not an actual order. Picked up my FE off the lot as a canceled order.

5. The only things I had to worry about was getting the finance manager to find the right info on Ford Options, but I ended up not using it. And They had no idea how to handle the $100 rebate. They sent me a check for it a few weeks later after they confirmed I was right that they were supposed to handle it at signing.
Ok, so maybe it's as simple as sitting at the dealership for a bit and plugging VIN into my ford.com account and doing the same when I install FordPass? It's interesting to me that with VINs not being private info, this doesn't cause problems. Ford must be doing something on the backend to verify ownership of VIN, right? That's really the genesis of my questions, since I didn't order the car.

I think I'm set on the Ford Options - this particular dealership has verified the incentives I'll be getting and the rest of the pricing.

Re the extra 250kWh, I can't say I really deserve it - I haven't been waiting forever like some of you - but it would be nice to have.

I am going to go ahead and buy a $4 one-month EA pass for the drive home, because I'm banking on the Plug & Charge not getting properly setup or working in time, but it'd be cool if it did.

HRT_Florida913

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Metallic MME, PR ER AWD, Mar 30, 21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am going to go ahead and buy a $4 one-month EA pass for the drive home, because I'm banking on the Plug & Charge not getting properly setup or working in time, but it'd be cool if it did.

Can you cancel the EA + after one month? I thought I saw on their website you have to wait for the anniversary of you signing up, meaning you agree to 12 months ?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok, so maybe it's as simple as sitting at the dealership for a bit and plugging VIN into my ford.com account and doing the same when I install FordPass? It's interesting to me that with VINs not being private info, this doesn't cause problems. Ford must be doing something on the backend to verify ownership of VIN, right? That's really the genesis of my questions, since I didn't order the car.

I think I'm set on the Ford Options - this particular dealership has verified the incentives I'll be getting and the rest of the pricing.

Re the extra 250kWh, I can't say I really deserve it - I haven't been waiting forever like some of you - but it would be nice to have.

FordPass app and Ford.Com are the same thing. If you add it in one place its added in both. So just do it from the app when you are at the dealer.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

You can't add the same VIN to two accounts at the same time, and you have to be in-vehicle within 20 minutes (I think, don't quote me) of saying "Activate" in the app or it times out.

Adding the Phone-as-a-Key is an entirely separate step to activating the modem and can only take place after the modem is activated, so it's not like you can walk down the lot and type in each VIN and now have keys to all the cars.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My suggestion is to set up ford account, download ford pass but scan the VIN at the dealership to add the car to your garage etc. If you read all the early delivery posts, the recommendation is to add the VIN at the dealer and try to activate and next steps at the dealer. Once you activate the car in your account, again recommend following setting up PAAK and other stuff while the car is running at the dealer.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you cancel the EA + after one month? I thought I saw on their website you have to wait for the anniversary of you signing up, meaning you agree to 12 months ?
You can cancel at any time - you are not committed for a year.
Sponsored