Every time I start the car again, they're back to the opposite selection... Ugh
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yes, it's all over the place. Assuming you save your profile, I find the radio station settings are not entirely sticking (favorites for instance) and several other random settings seem to be on or off without reason when restarting the car. Just numerous little bugs and hangs. I can tell that it's just software glitches and that once patched, the system should be capable enough. It's just rather annoying if you are the type of person that likes a lot of custom settings and they don't all stick. And the profile save system, as I wrote on another thread is bewildering.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My biggest problem with settings, is that often, when I scroll the list with my finger, there is a beep, and some item near my finger toggles its state. Is there a way to scroll without that happening?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Are you saving your profile after each of these changes?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My biggest problem with settings, is that often, when I scroll the list with my finger, there is a beep, and some item near my finger toggles its state. Is there a way to scroll without that happening?
yup...

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Are you saving your profile after each of these changes?
I don't see how you can re-save. Where do you do that. On mine pressing the profile or edit does nothing to save, and there is no save button. I wish there was a Ford hotline you could call with questions like this. Dealers don't know.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't see how you can re-save. Where do you do that. On mine pressing the profile or edit does nothing to save, and there is no save button.
In other Fords, you hold the numbered button on the door that corresponds to your profile number. I don’t have my car yet to test that though.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
That doesn't work. Here is what the manual says. posted same in my other thread. This "method" from the manual is iffy at best and settings don't play nice and don't stick many times. Or they stick and then un-stick and then stick again... Just bugs I guess.

Positional settings are saved by holding a memory seat button.Non-positional settings are saved you change a setting while a profile is active

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That doesn't work. Here is what the manual says. posted same in my other thread.

Positional settings are saved by holding a memory seat button.Non-positional settings are saved you change a setting while a profile is active
Hmm. Sounds like it should automatically save settings that are non-positional then. I guess I don’t have much to add.

cdr_taggart

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Anyone else having problems with settings not sticking? For me, it's:
- Rear View Camera Delay (on)
- Auto Hold (off)
- Auto Ambient Light Selection (off)

Every time I start the car again, they're back to the opposite selection... Ugh
Has rear view camera delay ever worked for you?

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
I think it worked once. Maybe?. But no, I can't get the setting to stick.
I'm having the same problem with the rear view camera delay setting not surviving turning the car off. Sucks.

Since there's a suspicion that settings like this one are part of the Personal Profile and the fault may lie in incomplete loading or implementation of a Personal Profile, I'm going to turn off Personal Profiles completely and see if that solves my issue.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm having the same problem with the rear view camera delay setting not surviving turning the car off. Sucks.

Since there's a suspicion that settings like this one are part of the Personal Profile and the fault may lie in incomplete loading or implementation of a Personal Profile, I'm going to turn off Personal Profiles completely and see if that solves my issue.
Let me know how it goes! With our car, we can't turn it off since my wife and I have pretty different driving settings.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My Alarm System > Interior Motion Sensors: Off setting won’t stick and it is super annoying. Let me know if that one sticks for you.

I know the user manual says not to put tape over the sensor but so help me God, Ford, I’m this close to reaching for the tape.
Sponsored