Severe Climate (Control) Change?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Well this is a new one. Hot summer day, I’m driving to pick up for a play date, I arrive at the driveway, put the car in park, open the rear hatch (don’t know that any of this is relevant), close the rear hatch, shift into reverse, then drive, start driving away. And I notice the AC isn’t working well. I tap around in climate control and see the vents have been changed to defrost. Then I realize that the temp switched to High (as in hot as it can go).

Anybody else have climate control randomly go crazy like this?

I’m beginning to think that Ford is never going to get all the bugs sorted. They’re too random, too bizarre.

Bonus: the “navigation to nowhere” bug also popped up a few days ago for the first time in several months. Guess Ford hasn’t fixed that, either.
Sponsored

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Well this is a new one. Hot summer day, I’m driving to pick up for a play date, I arrive at the driveway, put the car in park, open the rear hatch (don’t know that any of this is relevant), close the rear hatch, shift into reverse, then drive, start driving away. And I notice the AC isn’t working well. I tap around in climate control and see the vents have been changed to defrost. Then I realize that the temp switched to High (as in hot as it can go).

I’m beginning to think that Ford is never going to get all the bugs sorted. They’re too random, too bizarre.

Bonus: the “navigation to nowhere” bug also popped up a few days ago for the first time in several months. Guess Ford hasn’t fixed that, either.
Yes. I have switched on my “Max A/C” with the temperature setting defaulting to full “Hot”

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag

Did you happen to adjust the volume with the on screen knob? I've only had my car a few days and I've brushed the max defrost button while using the knob several times.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I have brushed the button next to the knob many times with this exact description, accidentally pressed the max defrost and my knee has turned the auto headlamps on "ON" many times leaving me asking, why are my lights on after I lock and leave the car.....

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have brushed the button next to the knob many times with this exact description, accidentally pressed the max defrost and my knee has turned the auto headlamps on "ON" many times leaving me asking, why are my lights on after I lock and leave the car.....
Lights On could be the bug in the headlight switch too. It will sometimes randomly switch from Auto to On without any interaction. The on.y way to remedy this is to turn the switch Off and back to Auto. 🤔🐩 Maybe some day they will recall the headlight switch (not holding my breath). 🤷‍♂️🐩

WRT @Mirak and the random changing of A/C sertings, I have parked the car, dog and I have left and returned, only to find the heater or defrost on with max temp. Sucks on a summer day. More for the dog than for me. I usually cuss a lot about the car trying to kill my dog, hit the screen several times in the right places and sequence to put the A/C back on, then give the car the finger. My dog finds this entertaining (perhaps because, as Poodles are wont to do, he is playing a joke on me). 🤪🐩

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
These are good suggestions of what might have happened. I'll take a closer look to consider if I accidentally tapped something on the screen or hit something with my knee.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Lights On could be the bug in the headlight switch too. It will sometimes randomly switch from Auto to On without any interaction. The on.y way to remedy this is to turn the switch Off and back to Auto. 🤔🐩 Maybe some day they will recall the headlight switch (not holding my breath). 🤷‍♂️🐩

WRT @Mirak and the random changing of A/C sertings, I have parked the car, dog and I have left and returned, only to find the heater or defrost on with max temp. Sucks on a summer day. More for the dog than for me. I usually cuss a lot about the car trying to kill my dog, hit the screen several times in the right places and sequence to put the A/C back on, then give the car the finger. My dog finds this entertaining (perhaps because, as Poodles are wont to do, he is playing a joke on me). 🤪🐩
Color you surprised! They are doing a new headlight switch.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...selves-when-vehicle-is-off-–-dtc-b1533.18890/

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag