Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Lead PaaK Android Developer
Country flag
How do I know when I've got a significant phone update, or a buggy FordPass update, or overloaded Ford servers, or a problem in the vehicle itself? I don't want to waste time recycling PaaK keys when it won't usually be helpful.

My phone (Pixel 7 Pro) updates continuously. There was a mid-cycle security update yesterday, for instance. I don't know what it changed or if it is significant to PaaK operation.

Lately the issues seem to require me to cycle Bluetooth off and on in order for FordPass to even attempt connectivity. I'm basing this on the status shown on the Phone As A Key persistent notification or within the same status shown in the app, as I don't know how else to see what's happening and toggling Bluetooth generally results in success.
To be entirely honest, I would go through the reset process when you are having significant issues with it. Significant in this context is up to your discretion.
Sponsored

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I really appreciate your offer to help gather data. Unfortunately I have to limit my involvement with customers directly. What I do recommend is that every time you go through a significant phone update you revoke an old key using the key list. Then remove all bluetooth bonds with the vehicle in the bluetooth settings. Then deliver a new key. This is the best way to gain a stable environment. When the OS adjusts the bluetooth radios through OS updates or even if they adjust some security policies it can have a negative affect on PaaK. Again, I am sincerely sorry to all users who have to go through these things. We have to try to follow the rules that the OS gives us. Those rules change all the time. Given our own application security protocols adapting an existing key can be challenging. Starting from scratch is always easier. I hope you all can understand and I thank you for it.
I appreciate the response. I will give it a try tonight. And I imagine it is a very difficult job/process considering the sheer number of different phones and the freq that they update. Also I am on a Pixel running Beta, so am used to things not working, then be resolved a few months later.

Take a look at the Occupation part of his user profile for your answer. 😁
Thats why I asked, I saw the occupation but you never know if its for Ford, 3rd Party, different part of the process or just someone having fun with their forum profile

OP
OP
cryptk

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
So, I have had a few issues with 2.25.0 already, but I'm still struggle bussing it forward with this version. I just finished doing the following:

- Removed PaaK config from the phone
- Uninstalled FordPass 2.25.0
- ensured that all bluetooth connections for the car are removed from the phone settings
- performed a master reset of the car
- pulled fuses 11 and 18 (PaaK and TCU)
- let car sit for ~30 minutes (had a call at work to keep me occupied)
- replaced fuses in car
- re-installed FordPass 2.25.0
- configured everything from scratch including PaaK, Android Auto, etc

Currently, everything seems to be working, but I have only done some minimal testing, haven't actually taken the car on a trip, or gotten far enough away from it for it to disconnect PaaK. I'll post again tomorrow with another update.

jeremykraft

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME - Premium AWD Extended Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Having a similar issue with my Mach-E (2021 FE) and my Pixel 6. I'll try deleting the PaaK tonight and see if that helps anything.

RickinMA

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 mme premium
Country flag
I finally went through the delete everything and start over process yesterday. So far, it is at least semi-functional. It isn't as good as it was before the update, but it seems to recognize it more than 1/2 the time now.
Thank you all for the recommendation.

OP
OP
cryptk

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
I get some occasional No Key messages while driving on 4.25, I haven't tried to downgrade back to 4.24 again yet, but I don't remember ever getting them on 4.24. it is at least better after having done a full reset, but I should not have to completely wipe and reconfigure my entire car like that.
Sponsored