SF Bay Area recall and field service experience

Preferred dealership Mach E vehicle service experience in the SF bay area.

• Sunnyvale Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremont Ford

• Frontier Ford

• Putnam Ford

• San Leandro Ford

• Total voters

jcx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Saw many bad Ford dealership/service center experiences on this forum and elsewhere. So I want to collect some feedback from folks that have done any of the Mach E recalls/FSA, such as roof glass(21S42), windshield glass(21C22), software update(21B36), or etc.
Which dealership in the SF bay area do you recommend or NOT recommend?
Sponsored

JRinOAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Haven’t had to have service (yet), but why no Walnut Creek Ford on your list? They’re no-ADM and have been solid in ordering process so far. I know others on this forum have purchased from them and have positive reviews.

OP
OP

jcx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Haven’t had to have service (yet), but why no Walnut Creek Ford on your list? They’re no-ADM and have been solid in ordering process so far. I know others on this forum have purchased from them and have positive reviews.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in the south bay, so Walnut Creek is about a hour from here. Hope to select one closer.

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I went to Fairfield for software updates 21B36 and 21P22. It was a Saturday and they moaned about it being scheduled when only one person is working. I agreed it wasn't ideal, I prefer no dealer trips and get OTA updates. Otherwise they were pleasant enough.

They did both updates. I dropped the car at 8am and got it back at 4pm.

They did a Lyft ride back and forth. Easy enough.

Every dealer experience is average at best.

Reactions: jcx

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Any updates from others on experiences with service from SF Bay Area dealers? I'm interested if anyone has taken their MME for service to Hilltop Ford, San Leandro Ford, Walnut Creek Ford, Future Ford in Concord or Seramonte Ford in Colma.

JRinOAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Any updates from others on experiences with service from SF Bay Area dealers? I'm interested if anyone has taken their MME for service to Hilltop Ford, San Leandro Ford, Walnut Creek Ford, Future Ford in Concord or Seramonte Ford in Colma.
WC Ford installed our dash cam with external battery. Hid all the wires and no issue with draining battery. Wasn’t “official” maintenance. But great work.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I have been very happy with Walnut Creek Ford. Delivered my CA RT1 in July. No dealer markup. Did windshield and roof recall recently and was very happy with the service - rental and 2 days work. They did the software calibration on a separate visit. Provided me with an extra key fob for my Job 1 after I let them know about continuing PAAK issues. Everyone has different experiences but so far WC Ford has been really good to me.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Please add Marin County Ford, Hansel, Hilltop Napa Serramonte and Henry Curtis.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please add Marin County Ford, Hansel, Hilltop Napa Serramonte and Henry Curtis.
I know the OP is in the South Bay and didn't want to include dealers outside his range. I think we need to create our own Central & North Bay Area survey lol.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I had a satisfactory experience at Towne Ford, and recommended them. My service advisor was Alex Jen. I did 21B36, 21C22, 21S42, 21P22. 8.5 days total: Tuesday drop off, Thursday pick up. Free Lyft to Hertz Local Edition Redwood City, free Hertz rental, Hertz drop off back at the dealership.

OP
OP

jcx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I had a satisfactory experience at Towne Ford, and recommended them. My service advisor was Alex Jen. I did 21B36, 21C22, 21S42, 21P22. 8.5 days total: Tuesday drop off, Thursday pick up. Free Lyft to Hertz Local Edition Redwood City, free Hertz rental, Hertz drop off back at the dealership.
Thanks for the detailed info.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Need to add Morgan Hill Ford. I bought my car there. No ADM. Plan on giving them by business for the MME and my 2011 Lincoln MKZ. Not giving my hard earned money to dealers that add ADM. Why should I reward their bad behavior. I am willing to drive down from Campbell. Worst case I sit at the dealer or the local brewery while I wait for the service.

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Want to add my experience with San Leandro Ford. I bought the car from them originally and it wasn't smooth sailing even then.

I was trying to postpone this dreaded recall as much as I could so decided to go and do my 10K and take care of recalls since as per them, they did already 15 of those. The lady on the phone told me it will take 3 days and we scheduled it a week after my call with them.

It's been 10 days already and I'm still with a rental Nissan Versa, I honestly don't know what they are doing there. How incompetent a service team needs to be to clear 2 software recalls for over 4 days. They outsourced the windshield replacement to another shop completely and that took week.

Every day I call and get the same answer, oh, yeah it will be ready tomorrow, and guess what, it's not. I get some BS excuses like oh, we need to order some parts, but I mean, you knew that I'm coming over 2 weeks ago, why do you need to wait to order the parts??!

Rant over, not sure when my precious is coming back. I really don't like this dealership but it's 10 min from my house. I might bite the bullet and go to Livermore or Walnut Creek next time.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Want to add my experience with San Leandro Ford. I bought the car from them originally and it wasn't smooth sailing even then.

I was trying to postpone this dreaded recall as much as I could so decided to go and do my 10K and take care of recalls since as per them, they did already 15 of those. The lady on the phone told me it will take 3 days and we scheduled it a week after my call with them.

It's been 10 days already and I'm still with a rental Nissan Versa, I honestly don't know what they are doing there. How incompetent a service team needs to be to clear 2 software recalls for over 4 days. They outsourced the windshield replacement to another shop completely and that took week.

Every day I call and get the same answer, oh, yeah it will be ready tomorrow, and guess what, it's not. I get some BS excuses like oh, we need to order some parts, but I mean, you knew that I'm coming over 2 weeks ago, why do you need to wait to order the parts??!

Rant over, not sure when my precious is coming back. I really don't like this dealership but it's 10 min from my house. I might bite the bullet and go to Livermore or Walnut Creek next time.
Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about the poor experience at TFSSL.

Anyone have any experience with maintenance or recall work at Hilltop Ford (Richmond)?