SHADOW BLACK Mach-E Club

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
So glad I found this post. I knew when I put my reservation in that I wanted a black Mustang Mach-e. But after seeing that there was no advertisement with the shadow black and how few people have ordered it, I was a bit nervous. After reading this post, I feel much better about my decision. It arrived in BIRMINGHAM, MO yesterday so hopefully, it won't be much longer.
Same here. My mach e (in black as well) is in Birmingham, MO.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I think it's not advertised as much in black because a) It's not a premium color, and b) It detracts a bit from the roofline "coupe" illusion. But not completely. And the seamless trim blending (and wheel wells that look *normal* in size) are worth it to me.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I think it's not advertised as much in black because a) It's not a premium color, and b) It detracts a bit from the roofline "coupe" illusion. But not completely. And the seamless trim blending (and wheel wells that look *normal* in size) are worth it to me.
Or it's so beautiful it sells itself so doesn't need to be advertised. Or more likely doesn't come out well in the style of photo adverts they do.

N/A the 2nd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 cabrio & Mach-E SR RWD TP
Country flag
Ah, nice to see a club for Mach-E enthousiasts with good taste. My Shadow Black Mach-E has been produced and is on it's way to The Netherlands atm. Can't wait :).
I'm still a tad curious about how the car looks in real life, although the Mach E in Shadow Black videos on youtube strengthen my believe that I made the right choice.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Ah, nice to see a club for Mach-E enthousiasts with good taste. My Shadow Black Mach-E has been produced and is on it's way to The Netherlands atm. Can't wait :).
I'm still a tad curious about how the car looks in real life, although the Mach E in Shadow Black videos on youtube strengthen my believe that I made the right choice.
From May onwards we'll see each other on the Dutch highways...:cool:

Deleted member 2014

Mine went to "in Production" last week. Let´s see how long it will stay in production. Reading this forum i´ve learned that this could take a while

N/A the 2nd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has been on "In Order Processing' for eternity and then it went from "In Production" to "In Transit" in 4 days. According to the dealer it will be delivered on may 20th. We'll see.

Deleted member 2014

Mine has been on "In Order Processing' for eternity and then it went from "In Production" to "In Transit" in 4 days. According to the dealer it will be delivered on may 20th. We'll see.
When did it went to "in Production"?

N/A the 2nd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
PPF is Paint Protection Film. It's popular these days as a "clear bra" that's applied typically to the front of the vehicle to protect from rock chips and bug splatter.
Ceramic Coating is glorified wax, with a.bit more durability. That would go on the rest of the painted body.
My intention is to do full body ppf and then use ceramic coating over it. There are two problems with that. 1 - the full body ppf using bodyshop services is too expensive and I am not going to spend that money on it. So, the only way to have full body ppf is to do it myself. And it seems feasible - for most of the part. But here comes problem No 2 - I am pretty sure I won't be able to do ppf for front and rear bumpers - they are too complex. So, looks like I might use pre-cut films for rear and front bumpers. That is the plan - I have some time to practice ppf on my Honda Civic - the bulk film is not that expensive.

Re ceramic coating - I might be missing something, but I do not understand why people are willing to pay $1000+ to cover their cars. It seems any B+ teenager can do that (of course there should be some preparation for that - like washing and cleaning the surface, but it is also doesn't worth thousands). Again, maybe I am missing something, but I am going to apply ceramic coating myself.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My intention is to do full body ppf and then use ceramic coating over it. There are two problems with that. 1 - the full body ppf using bodyshop services is too expensive and I am not going to spend that money on it. So, the only way to have full body ppf is to do it myself. And it seems feasible - for most of the part. But here comes problem No 2 - I am pretty sure I won't be able to do ppf for front and rear bumpers - they are too complex. So, looks like I might use pre-cut films for rear and front bumpers. That is the plan - I have some time to practice ppf on my Honda Civic - the bulk film is not that expensive.

Re ceramic coating - I might be missing something, but I do not understand why people are willing to pay $1000+ to cover their cars. It seems any B+ teenager can do that (of course there should be some preparation for that - like washing and cleaning the surface, but it is also doesn't worth thousands). Again, maybe I am missing something, but I am going to apply ceramic coating myself.
Admirable - am considering DIY as well. But the front bumper PPF cost if you buy the film is almost the same as having someone do it, at least for me.
Sponsored