Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Physical color sample from LA Auto Show Mach-E display.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SHADOW BLACK Mach-E Club 2021 Mach E Colors Options Samples Swatches

Ford Mustang Mach-E SHADOW BLACK Mach-E Club 2021 Mach E Shadow Black Sample Swatch

Last edited:

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Definitely love the black and reserved that color. But Iā€™m still considering switching it to star or space white. I know my lifestyle and just how hard it is for me to keep a black car looking clean!

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Normally black would be my preference, not a fan of the shadow black much prefer the tuxedo black on my focus st vs the shadow black of my focus rs. The mach-e does look good in black however the clear tail lamps ruin it for me as they really stick out, now if they where smoked it would look good.

Also would really need to see the gloss black trim vs the shadow black differences, there is a lot more black trim across the bottom vs what you would typically get on car which is normally limited to grills and diffuser so it make look a little odd if there is a large miss match.

Hopefully with the car not due till late 2020, the various cars doing the show rounds will turn up in the other color options long before anyone has to lock down a color choice.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Definitely love the black and reserved that color. But Iā€™m still considering switching it to star or space white. I know my lifestyle and just how hard it is for me to keep a black car looking clean!
My current and previous ponies are/were both black, and I have/had the same problem. Going with rapid red this time, especially since I am keeping the convertible as my ICE backup.

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
New black GT image from Ford.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SHADOW BLACK Mach-E Club Ford Mustang Mach-E GT in Black
This is the exact model I've reserved. I love the wheels and hope they don't change. However the grill is bugging me a bit. It looks silver in these pics, but I want the grill that's black like the one the Grabber Blue demo model with the lit Mustang logo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the all black grill is reserved for the GT Performance pack/edition... unless these are just bad renders.

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
This is the exact model I've reserved. I love the wheels and hope they don't change. However the grill is bugging me a bit. It looks silver in these pics, but I want the grill that's black like the one the Grabber Blue demo model with the lit Mustang logo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the all black grill is reserved for the GT Performance pack/edition... unless these are just bad renders.
I bet those are the base GT wheels and the performance pack will swap the wheels to those from the grabber blue GT at the launch show.

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
I know I may sound like a broken record but Black really makes the Mach E's body line pop

1578712474873.png
I really wanted my next car to be black, however my hesitation is about the way, in the other colours, there is this cool design feature where there is an ā€˜illusionā€™ of a lower profile towards the back, with the gloss black roofline allowing for proper headroom for the back seats. Itā€™s mentioned in most of the videos about the car.

Will this effect be ā€˜lostā€™ on the shadow black version, do you think?

RidetheLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, 2007 Mustang GT
Country flag
I really wanted my next car to be black, however my hesitation is about the way, in the other colours, there is this cool design feature where there is an ā€˜illusionā€™ of a lower profile towards the back, with the gloss black roofline allowing for proper headroom for the back seats. Itā€™s mentioned in most of the videos about the car.

Will this effect be ā€˜lostā€™ on the shadow black version, do you think?
I wondered the same thing. Will the roofline look too bulging on top and lose that effect. I love BLACK Mustang's and the Mach E's body lines will look extra sharp for sure, that's why I chose black.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I wondered the same thing. Will the roofline look too bulging on top and lose that effect. I love BLACK Mustang's and the Mach E's body lines will look extra sharp for sure, that's why I chose black.
Here's a side view comparison. I can see what you're saying about losing the effect.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SHADOW BLACK Mach-E Club Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.07.09 PM