Share Thule Roof Rack install photos - followed the instructions, seems further to front of car than expected?

rsaylor3

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-350 and soon Mach-E Premium Ext
Country flag
I just installed the evo bars and am very happy with them!

just Wondering if anyone else noticed that the bars are very slightly bowed? When I lay a 4ft level across it, I have just the slightest amount of light visible under it I. The center of each bar. Don’t think it will be an issue at all, but wa wondering if anyone else noticed it?
Sponsored

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
Getting ready to order Thule rack from REI. I would prefer the WingBar Edge design to increase the aerodynamics, but REI only lists AeroBar Edge, which I can’t find anywhere on the Thule site. Does anyone know if AeroBar is different from the WingBar Edge? Thanks for any tips!

kodathedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The Wingbar Edge uses the new EVO kits, the Aero bar Edge is the previous generation and would not be applicable for this car. The EVO kits are much simpler to install hand conform better the shape of the vehicle.

Also the Wingbars have a slight upward bend in them to compensate for the clamping force exerted by the towers. When mounted they will straighten out. The square bar version does not have this bend and will bow when under tension.

petesystem

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Wingbar Edge on the MME? Pics? Wondering if there's much aerodynamic, noise or aesthetic benefit over the WIngbar Evo. Also whether the Edge has as much clearance above the roof as the Evo ... I'll be carrying a kayak, but may start out with my old kayak mount (not Thule specific), so as to limit expenses a bit -- and want to make sure i won't scratch the roof in the process.

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Hi, Mari76

Nice Thule setup, may I ask what size is your cargo box, I am not sure if XL would be too big for MME, is your cargo box XL or L size?
I'm trying to figure this one out too, as I don't have a rack yet but already have a Thule XL box. Based on Thule's site, the lift gate should clear if the distance from the front crossbar to the back of the roof where it meets the hatch is 51.25." Eyeballing these photos and measuring on mine, it seems like it would just barely fit. If not, the liftgate might still be able to open, but not all the way.

lyyq

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premier
Country flag
I'm trying to figure this one out too, as I don't have a rack yet but already have a Thule XL box. Based on Thule's site, the lift gate should clear if the distance from the front crossbar to the back of the roof where it meets the hatch is 51.25." Eyeballing these photos and measuring on mine, it seems like it would just barely fit. If not, the liftgate might still be able to open, but not all the way.

XL totally works fine, I end up get the XL. I don't have a photo now, I can try take a photo later, but there's quite a lot room left for the liftgate.

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
XL totally works fine, I end up get the XL. I don't have a photo now, I can try take a photo later, but there's quite a lot room left for the liftgate.
this is great, thank you! Just curious, any rough guess on how much range you lose from it?

lyyq

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premier
Country flag
this is great, thank you! Just curious, any rough guess on how much range you lose from it?

depending on the speed, I think driving local doesn't make much difference, but in highway, I think it cost 10% more power. Last week I went to Ski resort twice, one way 110km, 90% highway at 110km/h(65-70mph) just a little below freezing, I get 3.8km/kWh with it VS 4.2km/kWh without it.

Bhwzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ext
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Wingbar Edge on the MME? Pics? Wondering if there's much aerodynamic, noise or aesthetic benefit over the WIngbar Evo. Also whether the Edge has as much clearance above the roof as the Evo ... I'll be carrying a kayak, but may start out with my old kayak mount (not Thule specific), so as to limit expenses a bit -- and want to make sure i won't scratch the roof in the process.
Sorry angle of pic not great, this was for another thread, but here's a side picture. Not much clearance from the roof to the crossbars. The elevated attachment for the kayak might help.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Share Thule Roof Rack install photos - followed the instructions, seems further to front of car than expected? IMG_5037

On another note, does anyone have pictures of a Thule Motion XT in XL size? I can't decide between the L or XL, worried about the length overhanging the windshield.
Sponsored