First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
The GT500 driver.

Because they may be able to make the Mach E faster in a straight line, but zero chance it beats a GT500 on a track until you go to the extreme 1400 hp Mach E.

And if you’re gonna compare the extremely modified 1400, you’d have to look at an extremely modified GT500.

So in no reasonable comparison will the Shelby Mach E be kicking the ass of the GT500.
I'm sure you are right, except perhaps: The vision I have is the Shelby Mach E on the street, at the red light, first in line, on a posted 60 mph highway, and up to the line beside you comes this beautiful Shelby GT500 with a smile on the face of the driver. What happens when the light turns green to 60 mph?
Sponsored

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Maybe some of you already understand this, but Shelby American has zero to do with producing the GT500 or the GT350. Its all Ford, the only thing Shelby provides is a name (which Ford pays for). They won't likely have anything to do with a Shelby Mach E either.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I'm sure you are right, except perhaps: The vision I have is the Shelby Mach E on the street, at the red light, first in line, on a posted 60 mph highway, and up to the line beside you comes this beautiful Shelby GT500 with a smile on the face of the driver. What happens when the light turns green to 60 mph?
The same thing that happens at a stop light vs a Honda Accord, the GT500 loses to 60 mph but sounds amazing doing it!

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Maybe some of you already understand this, but Shelby American has zero to do with producing the GT500 or the GT350. Its all Ford, the only thing Shelby provides is a name (which Ford pays for). They won't likely have anything to do with a Shelby Mach E either.
It's true that Ford builds the car. Shelby then modifies it to their spec and adds it to the Registry with a number assigned to it. This isn't cheap and it does add value to the car.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's true that Ford builds the car. Shelby then modifies it to their spec and adds it to the Registry with a number assigned to it. This isn't cheap and it does add value to the car.
Shelby doesn't do ANYTHING with the GT500 or GT350. They never go anywhere near a Shelby facility, unless you pop for a special model like this: https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/GT500-Signature-Edition

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Shelby doesn't do ANYTHING with the GT500 or GT350. They never go anywhere near a Shelby facility, unless you pop for a special model like this: https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/GT500-Signature-Edition
Well unless things have changed you could send your GT500 to Shelby for Super Snake upgrade. Also, until Ford released the 350 a few years ago the only place to get one was through Shelby. They may do things differently now, I've been out of the loop since 2014 or so

I just checked and you can still get your current GT500 Super Snaked or buy a brand new Super Snake direct from Shelby American. You can also get a Shelby GT the same way, send yours in or buy a new one from Shelby. Wide body kits are available as well. If Shelby does the work you get a dash plaque with number that gets listed in the registry. In the past this added value to the car. Check the used market and you'll see, if any are listed, GT500 SS priced much higher than the same year GT500

Last edited:

Goaltendah30

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER (Space White)
Country flag
Think we could send a premium to Shelby to get an upgrade in the future or has to be a GT/PE model/platform no matter what?

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Gary Patterson (President - Shelby American) HEAVILY hinted that there will be a Shelby Mach-E over the weekend. Also a Shelby Bronco.

Magnitude

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Route 1
Country flag
I wouldnt mind a Shelby Mode on the dash. Customized exhaust sound. BTW i really want the 1400 sound. that thing sounds like a nightmare. love it.
Sponsored