Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford has already indicated that a high performance Shelby Mustang Mach-E will be offered in the future. This fantastic rendering shows us what a stunner a Shelby version of the Mach-E can be.

If you find any others post it here!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will The Shelby Mach-E Mustang Look This Good? Shelby-Mach-E-Mustang-Renderin
Sponsored

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Would that have more powerful motors installed for better pull at high speed? Or just different livery, wheels, tires and suspension?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Would that have more powerful motors installed for better pull at high speed? Or just different livery, wheels, tires and suspension?
Same motors as the GT. There's another thread that talks about how the motors on the Mustang Mach-E are actually de-rated. The car's internals apparently can't quite supply all the power that the motors can utilize.

For example, the rear motor on the RWD-only for the Extended Range is nerfed by about 100hp to only output 282hp but in the dual motor setup for the GT it's all the way down to 230hp for front/rear.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I would assume in the Shelby it will have or be able to use the full 100kwh motor andbattery pack for the shelby version. It will have to at least have those 2 things to compete in the high performance EV market or Tesla will continue to win. What Tesla does now is have the motors in all their cars and just software limits them so its not used. Not sure if Ford will do that right off the bat but if they do will surprise me. But I think the useable 80kw motors are just software limited but only time will tell.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It will have to at least have those 2 things to compete in the high performance EV market or Tesla will continue to win.
I actually think that Tesla isn't really the main competitor here. Sure, the Mach-E should be compelling when compared to a Tesla Model Y but what it really needs to do is take sales from Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 in general. The GT or Shelby version would be going up against any performance crossover such as Porsche Macan or Audi Q-series.

But I think the useable 80kw motors are just software limited but only time will tell.
I haven't seen anything about 80kW motors on the Mustang Mach-E. There's a 210kW main motor and a smaller 50kW unit for the AWD variants. It'd be awesome if the front motor was actually 80kW.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I actually think that Tesla isn't really the main competitor here. Sure, the Mach-E should be compelling when compared to a Tesla Model Y but what it really needs to do is take sales from Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 in general. The GT or Shelby version would be going up against any performance crossover such as Porsche Macan or Audi Q-series.

I haven't seen anything about 80kW motors on the Mustang Mach-E. There's a 210kW main motor and a smaller 50kW unit for the AWD variants. It'd be awesome if the front motor was actually 80kW.
The GT's front motor is supposed to be the same 210W as in the back

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The GT's front motor is supposed to be the same 210W as in the back
Right, two 210kW motors for the GT but the regular AWD has a 50kW front motor.

On paper, the GT should have 564hp but "only" has 459hp. The regular AWD should have close to 350hp but is spec'd to 332hp. Ford is nerfing these cars pretty hard.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Right, two 210kW motors for the GT but the regular AWD has a 50kW front motor.

On paper, the GT should have 564hp but "only" has 459hp. The regular AWD should have close to 350hp but is spec'd to 332hp. Ford is nerfing these cars pretty hard.
my bad - reading and eating lunch at the same time I misread what you were saying.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
That render looks pretty sweet. It must have been made by a person that does not drive an EV. I mean hood vents???, really, that's just dumb.... Otherwise I'm digging the stripes.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
On paper, the GT should have 564hp but "only" has 459hp. The regular AWD should have close to 350hp but is spec'd to 332hp. Ford is nerfing these cars pretty hard.----Ford is giving you the net output that the vehicle is capable of. As stated earlier, the vehicle is not able to produce what the end user looks at on paper. This has been shown in hybrid vehicles where the net output is not the sum of the ICE and motor generator HP/torque.

mrbillwot

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GT350, 2015 Explorer Sport, 89 LX Mustang 5.0 Sedan
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That render looks pretty sweet. It must have been made by a person that does not drive an EV. I mean hood vents???, really, that's just dumb.... Otherwise I'm digging the stripes.
The vents, as carried over from why they exist on the GT500, are for aerodynamics not cooling.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
The vents, as carried over from why they exist on the GT500, are for aerodynamics not cooling.
But the reason they have a positive aerodynamic effect on the GT500 is because of air coming in through the front. There is no reason for an open grill on the -E ... and therefore no benefit to the vents.

mrbillwot

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GT350, 2015 Explorer Sport, 89 LX Mustang 5.0 Sedan
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But the reason they have a positive aerodynamic effect on the GT500 is because of air coming in through the front. There is no reason for an open grill on the -E ... and therefore no benefit to the vents.
I don't know how or where they'd cool the battery, the AC evaporator, or drive motor or electronics if not through some forward source of air. I mean that literally becuase I don't know the answer but I have designed similar cooling systems - is the battery not liquid cooled and where is that heat dumped & how if not via a radiator that will need fresh airflow?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't know how or where they'd cool the battery, the AC evaporator, or drive motor or electronics if not through some forward source of air. I mean that literally becuase I don't know the answer but I have designed similar cooling systems - is the battery not liquid cooled and where is that heat dumped & how if not via a radiator that will need fresh airflow?
On the E there are barn doors at the bottom section of the front; they are much smaller than the fake grill section. Inside the hood is a large plastic cover that includes the storage area (frunk), and there is no way air can flow up through the hood, at least in the Mach E.

Look, that picture is just somebody's guess based on playing around in photoshop and would be stupefyingly unlikely to be correct. Ford is in financial trouble right now, and they're dumping a ton of cash into hitting the sweetspot of segments for EVs: SUV's and trucks. They've already announced the transit and f-150 as BEV's; those need to be successful before they do anything else. Future endeavors will also need to get them a lot of bang for the buck, and last year they only sold 70,000 mustangs of all varieties - so a low volume Shelby isn't going to be worth the opportunity cost in engineering resources lost that could have been put toward a much bigger seller.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
On paper, the GT should have 564hp but "only" has 459hp. The regular AWD should have close to 350hp but is spec'd to 332hp. Ford is nerfing these cars pretty hard.----Ford is giving you the net output that the vehicle is capable of. As stated earlier, the vehicle is not able to produce what the end user looks at on paper. This has been shown in hybrid vehicles where the net output is not the sum of the ICE and motor generator HP/torque.
I drive a hybrid Fusion , and the probable reason for the loss of that sum is due to the planetary transmission and gearing that couples both power sources to the front wheels.

One possible experiment for the Mach-E is to drive and measure the two electric motor outputs seperately (FWD or RWD) then together (AWD).
Sponsored