Website
www.desser.com
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Dodge Hellcat, MME
Occupation
VP Business Development
Country flag
New member Greetings,

I have a lofty 473 miles on my Premium AWD extended battery MME. This morning -38 % battery – Started car at 6am, put into DRIVE, vehicle moved into REVERSE... very interesting ... Put car in PARK, turned off , re-started after a few seconds, put in DRIVE , SHIFT SYSTEM FAULT light appears , with simultaneous SERVICE VEHICLE SOON and WRENCH light on dash, car went forward with no issue, and I drove at the speed limit 23 miles to work. The FORD App says: POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION/REDUCED POWER.

I called my local Ford dealer, I'm taking it in this afternoon, will let you know the results. I just took delivery about 3 weeks ago. Searching the forum, I found it could be related to low 12v voltage , so I am bringing the TSB's related to the dealer ( TSB updating = 21B36 , 21B02, PAAK SW Update) for the service. I hope this is not the beginning of a great relationship with the Ford service writer.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
New member Greetings,

I have a lofty 473 miles on my Premium AWD extended battery MME. This morning -38 % battery – Started car at 6am, put into DRIVE, vehicle moved into REVERSE... very interesting ... Put car in PARK, turned off , re-started after a few seconds, put in DRIVE , SHIFT SYSTEM FAULT light appears , with simultaneous SERVICE VEHICLE SOON and WRENCH light on dash, car went forward with no issue, and I drove at the speed limit 23 miles to work. The FORD App says: POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION/REDUCED POWER.

I called my local Ford dealer, I'm taking it in this afternoon, will let you know the results. I just took delivery about 3 weeks ago. Searching the forum, I found it could be related to low 12v voltage , so I am bringing the TSB's related to the dealer ( TSB updating = 21B36 , 21B02, PAAK SW Update) for the service. I hope this is not the beginning of a great relationship with the Ford service writer.
Did the error self clear when you left work or returned to the MME?

OP
OP
VeeTail

VeeTail

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.desser.com
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Dodge Hellcat, MME
Occupation
VP Business Development
Country flag
Did the error self clear when you left work or returned to the MME?
It did not . I went about 3 blocks after leaving home this morning( b4 getting on the freeway) turned it off and then restarted , put in drive and all fault lights were still on. I'm on the hook now, so I have not checked since plugging in this morning at work, but leaving in a couple hours to get to the dealer.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Sounds like a possible GSM (gear shift module) issue. PM me your VIN if you want me to look for codes.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It did not . I went about 3 blocks after leaving home this morning( b4 getting on the freeway) turned it off and then restarted , put in drive and all fault lights were still on. I'm on the hook now, so I have not checked since plugging in this morning at work, but leaving in a couple hours to get to the dealer.
The MME has a cycle, where it takes about 3 to 5 minutes after being fully off to reset. Let us know if it went away after getting off work. But do share your VIN with @breeves002.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Sure, how do you Private message on this forum, Sorry , just joined
Click on a users name on this page, then there is a popup, click the "Start Conversation" button.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I sense some kind of Ford Wizardry at play here... LOL
There are a few on the forum that either work for Ford or a partner, they have access to look at basic stuff about ones MME when provided the VIN. For the really detailed diagnosis a software token needs to be added to the MME which is done with the consent of the owner and applied by a Ford Engineer (not someone via the forum). Otherwise it's a trip to the dealer for them to connect to it via a proprietary Ford hardware scanner.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I have to ask, what are you able to do remotely with the VIN?
Pull trouble codes, see 90 day OTA history, see your tire pressures and odometer. Plus pull the window sticker and see options.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Pull trouble codes, see 90 day OTA history, see your tire pressures and odometer. Plus pull the window sticker and see options.
Cool, TY.
I am on the fence on this ability. Too easy to get a VIN, but as long as the data is limited and you can't make changes, I suppose it is helpful.
I definitely do NOT want anyone to be able to get the logs off my 911... LOL
Sponsored