Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
So you have a place to charge her overnight. I was contemplating doing some short-term VRBO or AirBnB and those don't typically have EVSE charging, so good to see how much charge you had left...
funny you mention VRBO/airbnb. My wife and I own a vacation rental company in South Lake Tahoe and manage 70 homes. I don't think any have a 30-60 AMP circuit available for EV charging. Some have a dryer in the garage (30 Amp) but I would not rely on that. At 3 miles per hour charged, 110 is not a viable option. Fortunately there are several electrify america, chargepoint and EVGo chargers in town and not many people using them yet. That is your best bet for a rapid charge to make it back home.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
funny you mention VRBO/airbnb. My wife and I own a vacation rental company in South Lake Tahoe and manage 70 homes. I don't think any have a 30-60 AMP circuit available for EV charging. Some have a dryer in the garage (30 Amp) but I would not rely on that. At 3 miles per hour charged, 110 is not a viable option. Fortunately there are several electrify america, chargepoint and EVGo chargers in town and not many people using them yet. That is your best bet for a rapid charge to make it back home.
Recommendation to your clients - install EVSEs! I'd be willing to search for and pay a little extra for the peace of mind!

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a Ford Charger installed in my Garage on a 60Amp CB. My dealer has a couple sitting around ready to install in his new store, but I am ahead of him. I just wish my car would show up!

Since I live in any area that is a little light on chargers available in the wild, I went ahead and planned to do most of my charging at home.

Maybe I should operate a car charging service.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm finally seeing an updated delivery date... was starting to feel forgotten... Now expected to be at the Morgan Hill Ford Store 2/16 - 2/23.
An update... The ETA was changed to 03/16, then 03/12 last week, and today my wife happened to see it getting unloaded from the truck! The dealer confirmed it has arrived and I'll be able to pick it up Friday. No recent emails from Ford. Their communication is awful.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
An update... The ETA was changed to 03/16, then 03/12 last week, and today my wife happened to see it getting unloaded from the truck! The dealer confirmed it has arrived and I'll be able to pick it up Friday. No recent emails from Ford. Their communication is awful.
Congrats!!

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
We took delivery of ours last night. After our hit Argentine ramp, Frontier Ford received it 11 days later
Mine reached the Argentine Ramp on Oct 10. Still waiting for it to get to Morgan Hill.
Sponsored