Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Or much more likely they discovered a serious issue and have to do rework on the cars. Would you prefer they pulled a Tesla and delivered you a broken car that you'd have to beg to get fixed?
Actually I would like them to be better and publish the Stop Ship and not keep it a big secrete.

VW had a S/W problem with the ID.3 at the beginning and stopped shipping. They then admitted to the stop and filled parking lots with cars till it was fixed.
Sponsored

swilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, 2wd, standard battery
Country flag
Or much more likely they discovered a serious issue and have to do rework on the cars. Would you prefer they pulled a Tesla and delivered you a broken car that you'd have to beg to get fixed?
Big assumption timbop.

More poor communication and missed deadlines from Ford. Chances of me ever preordering a new model from Ford again is about zero.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Actually I would like them to be better and publish the Stop Ship and not keep it a big secrete.

VW had a S/W problem with the ID.3 at the beginning and stopped shipping. They then admitted to the stop and filled parking lots with cars till it was fixed.
Yeah I feel like a one sentence explanation of what's going wrong would actually calm a lot of us down, vs being kept in the dark. They could have even inserted it into the first sentence.

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, {DUE TO _______ ISSUE}, we require more time..."

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

As might Ford; this clearly is a recent development. It also cannot go unnoticed so they'll have to say something.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
As might Ford; this clearly is a recent development. It also cannot go unnoticed so they'll have to say something.
I really hope we see a technical explanation with actual details.

B Gray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion. Pre Mach-E Carb Gray
Country flag
Just like a few others on here....my emotions just took a 180 degree turn. I literally received an email from the regional sales manager telling me 1 Feb was the estimated date. Not a few hours later I receive an email from Ford stating my NEW estimated delivery date is now 30 March! WTF?!? The tracker site still says 1 Feb, and the shop.ford site says 1 Feb. I can tell you right now, if it's the END of March, I'll probably cancel the order...that's how I feel right now. If the car has landed in MO, there's no way it should take over a month to get to VA. I'm not buying it. Frustration doesn't begin to express my emotions right now.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 22.22.00.png
IMG_4571 2.jpg
I got the same email tonight. Let us hope it is a system glitch.
Have to chuckle as my better half, said with the restriction, what is the rush, where are you going. ..LOL.. In reply..driving is not restricted and it would be a nice long one..HAHAHA.

BTW Timbop you need to stop the negative comments. With all the crap, I think we are pretty lucky that we are actually able to receive our vehicles.

Can't wait to see photos of received vehicles ... that and reports on how they run ...giddy up

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
BTW Timbop you need to stop the negative comments.
Excuse me? I've apologized for my out of line comments from a few days ago, and have gone out of my way to be polite. Please elucidate to which comments you are referring as "negative"?

B Gray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion. Pre Mach-E Carb Gray
Country flag
Excuse me? I've apologized for my out of line comments from a few days ago, and have gone out of my way to be polite. Please elucidate to which comments you are referring as "negative"?
No worries.. timbop we are all anxious to get behind the wheel.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Say it ain’t so, got the same email. Ford gots some explaining to do.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Timbop is the only one being realistic. People are very angry that their deliveries aren't going to happen by the estimate they originally received. Which is why it was an estimate.

It's a good point about the id.3's. That's probably exactly what happened. The hardware has been setting all our etas, and the software team were given a deadline of January 15th for a day one patch. Looks like they missed the deadline.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Timbop is the only one being realistic. People are very angry that their deliveries aren't going to happen by the estimate they originally received. Which is why it was an estimate.

It's a good point about the id.3's. That's probably exactly what happened. The hardware has been setting all our etas, and the software team were given a deadline of January 15th for a day one patch. Looks like they missed the deadline.
If its just software they could continue to ship them to the dealers and tell the dealers not to sell and then OTA the update when its ready.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
If its just software they could continue to ship them to the dealers and tell the dealers not to sell and then OTA the update when its ready.
based on everyone's tracking they are well on their way to dealers. I guess it will be interesting to see if the send anymore. I imagine if it really is just software they want to keep making them, which means they need move the inventory away from the factory.
Sponsored