Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks Dave, I appreciate it - that sounds like great news! This is what was populated when I input the VIN.

The CA dealers aren't showing any inventory when I do the Ford.com search but I am hopeful it shows up soon.

Based on what I have read, I think the window sticker shows that it was delayed a bit (the dealer sent it to me on 12/9).

1609377320795.png
What is this site telling you? https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks Dave, I appreciate it - that sounds like great news! This is what was populated when I input the VIN.

The CA dealers aren't showing any inventory when I do the Ford.com search but I am hopeful it shows up soon.

Based on what I have read, I think the window sticker shows that it was delayed a bit (the dealer sent it to me on 12/9).

1609377320795.png
Also...based on trends, it appears your car may have been built on 18 Nov, a little past the 29 Oct date previously posted. Bottom line is, your car should be shipped relatively soon.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
@kato

1609377320795.png
@Katojet ,welcome. I recommend reaching out to your dealer to inquire about what they see in their system. The dealer inventory will only show if they ordered the car for you and will appear as "stock" right below the lines in your first post. If you ordered online, it will show as "retail."

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think I've read enough Tesla finish disaster stories from deliveries the last two weeks to do whatever it takes to hold out for the MachE. My dealer would LOVE for me to cancel my car (to resell) so I don't expect they are going to help me out on a rental. Worst case scenario I'll go that route.
It costs you nothing to ask them if they could "rent" you one of their loaners.

Last edited:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Dave, I am showing this...not sure what this means (I have gotten this a few times before as well)

1609379254381.png
Odd...I've never seen that before. Did you place your order through the online site, or direct with the dealer?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Also...based on trends, it appears your car may have been built on 18 Nov, a little past the 29 Oct date previously posted. Bottom line is, your car should be shipped relatively soon.
To be clear, the car was invoiced on 18 Nov, but likely built after this date. For comparison, my sticker also shows an 18-Nov date, but was actually built on 28-Nov.

Telfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium(soon)
Country flag
I missed the early orders (even though my husband I watched the reveal live). We have a large dealership nearby and I called and asked them if they had anyone that ordered a car and dropped out. They sent me two available VINS and picked the gray premium AWD with extended range. So honestly, I am not sure if the order was placed online or at the dealership.
Same deal with mine. I think these type show up as “stock“ orders and thus don’t appear on that site for customer orders

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I missed the early orders (even though my husband I watched the reveal live). We have a large dealership nearby and I called and asked them if they had anyone that ordered a car and dropped out. They sent me two available VINS and picked the gray premium AWD with extended range. So honestly, I am not sure if the order was placed online or at the dealership.
I get the same error message because mine is a stock order. So, in all likelihood, yours is, too.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ahhh, that's probably it. I would call the dealer and ask them to check their systems. Maybe they can provide further clarification.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Same deal with mine. I think these type show up as “stock“ orders and thus don’t appear on that site for customer orders
What is the difference between a stock order and a retail order?

(Is that even the correct question to ask?)

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

It is the right question to ask. Stock orders were placed by the dealership for the customer (or for their inventory) and retail orders were placed by the buyer through the online portal.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

It’s a bit confusing but all online customer orders are retail orders. Generally units ordered by dealer with a customer associated are stock orders. So typically FCTP and additional dealer ordered stock units are stock units. It’s also possible that some customers ordered via dealer directly or other non routine situations have customer orders codes as stock.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Yesterday my estimated time to delivery was 35 days. Just looked and it went to 40 days! Hope that doesn't continue.

Not sure it matters at this point. My order page shows an estimated delivery date of 1 February to 7 February. So the old estimate was on the optimistic side and the new on the pessimistic side. Time will tell because estimates are just that, estimated, and it will get to the dealer when it gets to the dealer.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
It’s a bit confusing but all online customer orders are retail orders. Generally units ordered by dealer with a customer associated are stock orders. So typically FCTP and additional dealer ordered stock units are stock units. It’s also possible that some customers ordered via dealer directly or other non routine situations have customer orders codes as stock.
I'm not sure what it means, if anything, but my window sticker says special order, not retail or stock order.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I did get the email from Ford tonight (at about 7:30pm Eastern time) that my car is now "built" and started shipping.

The email indicated it would take between 12-28 days to ship depending on where a person lives... but then estimated delivery to the dealer sometimes between Feb 5 and Feb 11 (much longer than 28 days).

It does show up in the rail tracking site (headed to Kansas City) ... but I'm not sure if it is actually loaded onto a train. The www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker website hasn't updated the status ... but Ford's own tracking site does show the update on the status.
Sponsored