Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looks like our cars on the same train!! Congrats
Also, it looks like customer cars are shipping ahead of FCTP. My Dealer's FCTP is still in Cuautitlan.
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My ETA has been flipping back and forth between 1/16/2021 and 2/9/2021 since last night. Not sure what the issue is, but, also, looking the information up on my phone is not consistent with the same websites on my laptop. Odd. It'll be here soon enough either way.
I'm just looking forward to seeing electric cars around my neighborhood (Belmont in Ashburn) that ARE NOT Teslas. It seems every other car I see is a Tesla around here. Time for some variations.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm just looking forward to seeing electric cars around my neighborhood (Belmont in Ashburn) that ARE NOT Teslas. It seems every other car I see is a Tesla around here. Time for some variations.
Totally agree, can't wait either but suspect it's going to take another year for them to really make a dent. First year limited run will for sure make them a rare site for a while.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
our Mach E FE still shows “scheduled for production the week of Dec 13“ but we can’t tell if the car was actually built that week or not ... we see others have posted on this bulletin board who had later production dates and they now know their cars have been built and some even shipped. Wish the website and tracking was as up to date and reliable as Amazon and other retailers where items ordered can be tracked with some precision.
Someone on this forum built a tool where you can get detailed information on your vehicle, based on the VIN, to see if it has been built, shipped, etc. See here.

I’ve used that tool to see that my vehicle was built on 11/28 even though this info is nowhere on the Ford website when I log into my account.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
our Mach E FE still shows “scheduled for production the week of Dec 13“ but we can’t tell if the car was actually built that week or not
These systems are really for dealers not retail customers so the shipping and tracking won't be like you'd find on a retail site like Amazon. Though they're better than some retail sites I've recently used. LOL

To find whether your MME has been built, just go to Ford Vehicle Tracking and put in your VIN. If the "Production" field has a date rather than a week it's been built. Alternatively you can use Ford Tracker and look in the Production field.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Folks have talked about tracking their cars on the train. Does anyone have the rail car tracking websites? All I've seen posted is the trucking company.
As far as I know CSX doesn't allow to track unless you have an account there. They used to, some years ago, which was nice.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
So, anybody else received his/her car yet?

Also, who in Canada ?? will be the first to receive his/her car?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Folks have talked about tracking their cars on the train. Does anyone have the rail car tracking websites? All I've seen posted is the trucking company.
I don't know if this works still, but way back in the day when I had a need to track truck shipments I would call one of these two numbers posted here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/how-track-your-truck-railcar-325928/

I don't know if it's a Ford thing, or Ford Truck thing......but CSX would usually handle all railcar logistics for the East half of the U.S and United Pacific would handle the West half. Ole Miss River being the dividing point....

So, if that process is the same for the Mach Es then calling the numbers might work still. Once you have the railcar number of course...

Here is a link that shows the various status descriptions you might see when tracking a railcar. See post #4
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/948988-rail-car-tracking.html

I don't use any of these methods to track railcars any longer because I can now get a step-by-step detail from the fleet.ford.com website. For my Mach E.....I can get it from the dealer via the Vehicle Visibility system. It's very detailed and shows the status at each waypoint.

Let me know if any of this still works......

Oh yeah.....when calling the 800 numbers.....do it after hours so you can use the automated system. If a real person answers then you might not be helped because those are phone numbers intended for shipping companies.

One last thing....some tips if you can't get the voice recognition to find your rail car....(taken from another post in the FTE forum...)
1. Dial-877-744-7279
2. Press 5
3. Press 3.......phone will ring like connecting you to someone but just another prompt menu
4. Press 1
5. Asks for car letter--(mine was TTGX820695)--you must enter the first letter then 1,2, or 3 for which letter on the corresponding # on the keypad. So mine was 8 & 1 (for T), then 8 & 1 (for T again), 4 & 1 (for G), 9 & 2 (for X).
6. It will ask for car # (I entered 820695)
7. It will ask u for more or say "DONE"
8. Will tell you rail are location

Good luck!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
our Mach E FE still shows “scheduled for production the week of Dec 13“ but we can’t tell if the car was actually built that week or not ... we see others have posted on this bulletin board who had later production dates and they now know their cars have been built and some even shipped. Wish the website and tracking was as up to date and reliable as Amazon and other retailers where items ordered can be tracked with some precision.
Just a heads up that I also had a "Week of Dec 13th" and mine was not completed before holiday shut down. Dealer confirmed it was in the Trim Line as of the 23rd and thus was not completed. They were apparently running a bit behind schedule before shutdown. Yours may likely be in a similar situation, it sucks seeing all of this shipping info from others, but it is what it is.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I can confirm that the railcar number is available in the internal tracking site

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just a heads up that I also had a "Week of Dec 13th" and mine was not completed before holiday shut down. Dealer confirmed it was in the Trim Line as of the 23rd and thus was not completed. They were apparently running a bit behind schedule before shutdown. Yours may likely be in a similar situation, it sucks seeing all of this shipping info from others, but it is what it is.
I feel your pain. But things could be worse.....
Your car could have been assembled and parked on Nov 18th and still sitting there until all the Retail cars ship. :)
Your car will likely ship before mine so hopefully that cheers you up a little. :)

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
My ETA has been flipping back and forth between 1/16/2021 and 2/9/2021 since last night. Not sure what the issue is, but, also, looking the information up on my phone is not consistent with the same websites on my laptop. Odd. It'll be here soon enough either way.
Wonder if it has to do with shipment schedules and whether or not it can make the next train out?
Sponsored