Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’m just thrilled the shipping folks have been working this week to keep cars moving onto trains this week. They’re really working to clear that parking lot and it looks like they’re continuing to give customer cars priority.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I feel your pain. But things could be worse.....
Your car could have been assembled and parked on Nov 18th and still sitting there until all the Retail cars ship. :)
Your car will likely ship before mine so hopefully that cheers you up a little. :)
Hope they wound down before their holidays; was a heck of a year. Time for a reset.

Guess they left them in storage at 50%? I saw a sat photo of the plant that shows it may be hard to charge them all there now. I assume the best is to build them and ship them as soon as you can. Just not a good year; some understand.

Wonder if it is it dusty down there? ;)

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are there any Northern California cars shipped yet? My build date was to have been week of 11-29, but shipping information has been stubbornly blank. I'm actually not seeing that it was built yet.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I feel your pain. But things could be worse.....
Your car could have been assembled and parked on Nov 18th and still sitting there until all the Retail cars ship. :)
Your car will likely ship before mine so hopefully that cheers you up a little. :)
Like mine. Built on 11/28 but not shipped yet. Just getting a tan under the Mexican sun ?

At least it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Are there any Northern California cars shipped yet? My build date was to have been week of 11-29, but shipping information has been stubbornly blank. I'm actually not seeing that it was built yet.
I'm in NorCal. My FE was built 11/29. Received an ETA date of 1/21... but status still remaining in "In Production'.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I'm just looking forward to seeing electric cars around my neighborhood (Belmont in Ashburn) that ARE NOT Teslas. It seems every other car I see is a Tesla around here. Time for some variations.
I'm sure we'll be passing each other a lot. We'll have to meet up when both cars come in.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wonder if it has to do with shipment schedules and whether or not it can make the next train out?
Or filling a truck from KC to the DC area? 2/3-2/9 is when mine is scheduled to arrive, too.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine hasn't shipped yet but looking at others who posted their VINs that have, status has changed to In Transit. If they leave the plant by rail they all start off under the care of Kansas City Southern De Mexico. The specific railcar is going to vary, for instance @eastern refugee yours is in a KCS railcar while @JosephG53 yours is in a BNSF railcar. No idea if they are on the same train at this point

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Mine hasn't shipped yet but looking at others who posted their VINs that have, status has changed to In Transit. If they leave the plant by rail they all start off under the care of Kansas City Southern De Mexico. The specific railcar is going to vary, for instance @eastern refugee yours is in a KCS railcar while @JosephG53 yours is in a BNSF railcar. No idea if they are on the same train at this point
Wow did not realize that different rail companies may be involved.

David21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, F150, 1968 mustang convertible
Country flag
These systems are really for dealers not retail customers so the shipping and tracking won't be like you'd find on a retail site like Amazon. Though they're better than some retail sites I've recently used. LOL

To find whether your MME has been built, just go to Ford Vehicle Tracking and put in your VIN. If the "Production" field has a date rather than a week it's been built. Alternatively you can use Ford Tracker and look in the Production field.
helpful. Thanks. But I haven’t been provided a VIN that I am aware of. Only have an order number.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
helpful. Thanks. But I haven’t been provided a VIN that I am aware of. Only have an order number.
You should be able to get the VIN number from the dealer once it has a scheduled production date

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow did not realize that different rail companies may be involved.
Pulling a random VIN for a Bronco Sport that is heading to New York it goes:
Ferrocarril Mexicano from Hermosillo to the US, then with Union Pacific up through Illinois where it switches to Norfolk Southern up to New England where it gets offloaded and trucked to the dealer.

The logistics of shipping is crazy in good times