Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
does the date on the window sticker indicate the last time the status was updated or something? the tracker for mine appears to be the same but the window sticker has 1/2/2021 as the date
It looks like the big date on the bottom of the window sticker changes weekly. I'm not sure it affects anything. My delivery estimate hasn't changed (unfortunately it's still 40 days away).
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I grew up in Dearborn and summer before college, I shoveled the coal that made the Greenfield Village train go around the loop all day long. It wasn't the Baldwin one shown above at that time though. It was kind of a rough job... once you fire up the boiler you can't leave it unattended for any amount of time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent IMG_81852

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Not a huge update, but I just checked the ford.com/buy/reservations site, and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the brand new, quicker-than-anticipated delivery ETA. Ready for it? Ford now says I can expect it a WHOLE DAY sooner than previously listed. It was 6-12 Feb. NOW, it's 5-11 Feb. Wow! I'm so ecstatic! It won't be long now. ?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I grew up in Dearborn and summer before college, I shoveled the coal that made the Greenfield Village train go around the loop all day long. It wasn't the Baldwin one shown above at that time though. It was kind of a rough job... once you fire up the boiler you can't leave it unattended for any amount of time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent IMG_81852
That's awesome! A friend of mine was a conductor on the railroad (actually ... I think he still may be doing that ... but with the pandemic I'm not sure if he did that last year).

The Baldwin was sitting in the museum for a while and they pulled it out to the roundhouse and started restoring it several years back. It's in service today.

The other two engines are the Torch Lake and the Edison. Your photo above looks like it's probably the Edison.

Here's a full shot of it:

8861996210_b716a37c8e_k.jpg
Edison Steam Locomotive
by Tim Campbell, on Flickr

and

14637004759_395b06d85b_k.jpg
Edison under Steam
by Tim Campbell, on Flickr

The Baldwin is the only engine that was part of Henry Ford's railroad. You can read some history of it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit,_Toledo_and_Ironton_Railroad

Henry Ford bought it (basically a failing railroad) in 1920 because he needed a functional railroad to move materials and goods in and out and the railroads he had to rely on weren't doing well.

When he bought it, the engines and rolling stock were in terrible (barely working) shape. He had his people get to work on repairs and the Baldwin that became his personal favorite was the (as I understand it) the first of his engines to be restored to proper running condition. He liked the trains and if he took a trip on them, he used to like to ride in the cab and operate them.

Years later he eventually sold the railroad ... but he kept his Baldwin No.7 4-4-0 steam engine (his favorite). It sat in the museum for years. That's the same engine that is now restored and operating in the village.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not a huge update, but I just checked the ford.com/buy/reservations site, and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the brand new, quicker-than-anticipated delivery ETA. Ready for it? Ford now says I can expect it a WHOLE DAY sooner than previously listed. It was 6-12 Feb. NOW, it's 5-11 Feb. Wow! I'm so ecstatic! It won't be long now. ?
I saw that on mine, although one place has one set of dates still and the other a day earlier. I think it's like our build weeks that showed up as Sunday start or Monday start depending on the system.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
When I go into that page, I no longer see the picture of my cancelled Premium ? just this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent 1609799634284

;)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My order says *exactly* the say thing... 1 day for transit (I'm glad I'm getting such priority ... lol) ... and my ETA is exactly the same of Feb 5 - 11. I wonder what the 1 day transit is all about (clearly not correct ... but I'd take it!)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag