RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
It's interesting to me that some VINs, that have no shipping data via FordTracker and still show "In Production" with no ETA, do show via palsapp.com, but others that do have an ETA don't show in palsapp.com...

A local dealers demo has an ETA of 02-11-21, and has for a while now, is in "Awaiting Shipment" via FordTracker, and nothing from palsapp.com. Another local dealer demo still says "In Production" with no ETA and is in palsapp.com. It's been that way for a while now...

I know there's disconnects in data submission and all, just wonder if some shipments may not show on that palsapp website...
I agree, the shipping system is way past overloaded, and tracking statuses seem to be really odd right now.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Looks like a big rail yard due East of this location.

1610129869795.png
So are we seeing the carrier who moves them off the rails to a holding pen? Then there is another truck from the holding pen that takes the car to another railcar carrier depending on the final destination?

B Gray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion. Pre Mach-E Carb Gray
Country flag
Thanks Joe.. That is what I was afraid it meant...ughh 35 days, feels like they are use horse a wagon to get here. LOL. The wait will make it all that much better when it arrives.

Reactions: ARK

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
Hi,

happy to see some of us are getting the mach-e soon, but I am a little confused (well and a little anoyed)... I am from the Netherlands and originally we were told nov 2020. Then COVID hit us all and we were told end of Feb. A three months delay. Well in all the COVID suffering, three months is ofcourse an insignificant delay,but during these months you also like to look forward to something nice.
That said, we now see deliveries in the Netherlands end of april, and of may. These are people who ordered jan, feb 2020. It looked likes Ford is relocating the cars in there best interest. And so the 3 months is now turning into 5 or for some people 6 or 7 all of a sudden. Do people in the states also get delivery dates pushed back more then 2 months then originally told?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hi,

happy to see some of us are getting the mach-e soon, but I am a little confused (well and a little anoyed)... I am from the Netherlands and originally we were told nov 2020. Then COVID hit us all and we were told end of Feb. A three months delay. Well in all the COVID suffering, three months is ofcourse an insignificant delay,but during these months you also like to look forward to something nice.
That said, we now see deliveries in the Netherlands end of april, and of may. These are people who ordered jan, feb 2020. It looked likes Ford is relocating the cars in there best interest. And so the 3 months is now turning into 5 or for some people 6 or 7 all of a sudden. Do people in the states also get delivery dates pushed back more then 2 months then originally told?
The Answer is YES. For us folks that reserved on reveal night (or the next day) and converted our orders on the first day we possibly could, we were originally told "December" or by the end of the year. Well, December happened for 3 people. For the rest of us, it's looking like late January or early February. So....possibly a couple of months. Maybe more for others.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I got frustrated that money would be getting wasted shipping cars pointlessly around like this and started digging. There is clearly an issue but it may not be that the cars are stuck in purgatory.

Thanks to @JosephG53 we know there are 9 cars on that transport truck. They went from the plant via 3 different train cars, presumably on the same train as they all left at the exact same time. The issue is that some cars loaded in the same train car went to California and some went to KC. Yet they were all then loaded onto the same truck. With the further complication of this one truck simultaneously starting in KC and California as well as ending in KC and California.

I'm going to choose to believe there was a database error or human error or something and that the Mach-E's did not go on a pointless 3,000 mile journey. Ford has built and delivered just a few cars over the years, getting them into customers hands is how they make money. And if Ford somehow developed teleportation and faster-than-light travel and has access to the multiverse, well I hope they figure out a way to slap a Pony on it and bring out a Mustang version.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
So I got frustrated that money would be getting wasted shipping cars pointlessly around like this and started digging. There is clearly an issue but it may not be that the cars are stuck in purgatory.

Thanks to @JosephG53 we know there are 9 cars on that transport truck. They went from the plant via 3 different train cars, presumably on the same train as they all left at the exact same time. The issue is that some cars loaded in the same train car went to California and some went to KC. Yet they were all then loaded onto the same truck. With the further complication of this one truck simultaneously starting in KC and California as well as ending in KC and California.

I'm going to choose to believe there was a database error or human error or something and that the Mach-E's did not go on a pointless 3,000 mile journey. Ford has built and delivered just a few cars over the years, getting them into customers hands is how they make money. And if Ford somehow developed teleportation and faster-than-light travel and has access to the multiverse, well I hope they figure out a way to slap a Pony on it and bring out a Mustang version.
The logistics system is definitely on the struggle bus right now, lol.

JosephG53

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Is your VIN on that invoice? I was able to pull up the invoice that shows for me on the website and my VIN isn't there.
Yes my VIN is on that invoice. I checked all those vin’s on the Ford tracking site. They are all destined for SoCal dealerships.
Sponsored