MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I'm trying to understand how to interpret this. Is this a bunch of cars that arrived via one railroad yard, being transported by car-carrier to a different rail-yard for transport via another rail-carrier?
In short, yes. The cars leave the factory on Kansas City Southern and travel to Kansas City, MO. From there most are trucked to be transferred to another carrier most likely. Everything heading west seems to be trucked to Muncie KS (a 2 hour process) to be loaded onto a Union Pacific train. We've yet to see confirmation that some are trucked to other railyards in Kansas City, KS, e.g. Norfolk Southern in Birmingham. CSX is still a mystery since it seems to share the Kansas City Southern International Freight Gateway where everything is coming in from Mexico. Don't know what to tell our friends North of the border. Some suggested there was a CP terminal in Kansas City but I haven't looked for it. It's possible some may leave Kansas City on truck, but we've not seen that happen yet.

Oh, forgot to mention the KCS has a automotive facility in Houston as well. It seems reasonable that trains could stop there to unload vehicles. Might explain the early Texas deliveries.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those of us West of the Mississippi, it seems highly likely that our cars will travel on Union Pacific. I found a list of their automotive facilities on their website:

UP: Automotive Facility Profiles

You won't get far without a UP customer UserID (I don't have one), but at least it gives you an idea of where the car will be traveling. I've counted that at least 8 people will have driven my car before me due to all the intermediate handling :(. The other posts indicating their cars are in Mira Loma supports the hypothesis above.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
In short, yes. The cars leave the factory on Kansas City Southern and travel to Kansas City, MO. From there most are trucked to be transferred to another carrier most likely. Everything heading west seems to be trucked to Muncie KS (a 2 hour process) to be loaded onto a Union Pacific train. We've yet to see confirmation that some are trucked to other railyards in Kansas City, KS, e.g. Norfolk Southern in Birmingham. CSX is still a mystery since it seems to share the Kansas City Southern International Freight Gateway where everything is coming in from Mexico. Don't know what to tell our friends North of the border. Some suggested there was a CP terminal in Kansas City but I haven't looked for it. It's possible some may leave Kansas City on truck, but we've not seen that happen yet.

Oh, forgot to mention the KCS has a automotive facility in Houston as well. It seems reasonable that trains could stop there to unload vehicles. Might explain the early Texas deliveries.
Well there is a train tunnel under the Detroit River. Perhaps our Canadian friends get their cars that way.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Well there is a train tunnel under the Detroit River. Perhaps our Canadian friends get their cars that way.
The tunnel between the US and Canada is between Port Huron (in Michigan) and Sarnia (in Ontario). This is the tunnel (on the Canadian side of the river). The smaller tunnel on the left is the original tunnel (no longer used). It isn't tall enough for modern trains and rail cars.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent VO3A1459

The tunnel under the Detroit River isn't as large ... I don't think it is used as often. A friend of mine worked for Ford (now retired ... I have a lot of Ford friends that are retirees) handled rail logistics ... he's the one that mentioned that most of the traffic goes through the tunnel between Port Huron Michigan & Sarnia Ontario due to the tunnel size.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Looking for a little shipping detail information, if anyone has it. According to www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker my FE (VIN 3FMTK3SU4MMA07234) shipped on 12/31. I originally had ETA delivery date of 1/29. It has since been updated to 1/12-1/19. Talked to my dealer today and he confirmed 1/13-1/19 on his end, but no additional details. I have checked palsapp.com and it shows Kansas City but destination is null and no other info. I'm wondering if anyone has seen updated/detailed info through palsapp.com or if I should be looking somewhere else. I want to believe my FE will be arriving within a week, but doubtful if I'm not seeing shipping info to support it.
Dealer did state that mine is first of 3 that they have coming in, including their FCTP car.
Any insight would be appreciated!

Reactions: UW2

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Looking for a little shipping detail information, if anyone has it. According to www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker my FE (VIN 3FMTK3SU4MMA07234) shipped on 12/31. I originally had ETA delivery date of 1/29. It has since been updated to 1/12-1/19. Talked to my dealer today and he confirmed 1/13-1/19 on his end, but no additional details. I have checked palsapp.com and it shows Kansas City but destination is null and no other info. I'm wondering if anyone has seen updated/detailed info through palsapp.com or if I should be looking somewhere else. I want to believe my FE will be arriving within a week, but doubtful if I'm not seeing shipping info to support it.
Dealer did state that mine is first of 3 that they have coming in, including their FCTP car.
Why not just hang tight for a couple of days, a week at most? You're pretty close there.

We'll see how accurate those estimates are.

(Mine is due between 1/21 and 1/28 but the status still says "Awaiting Shipment"; crossing my fingers that it shows up somewhere between those dates.)

I don't think anyone has any insight on those dates at all--we still haven't seen any forum members take delivery yet (unless they are so overjoyed with their car they forgot to post something).

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Keep in mind that Palsapp (Jack Cooper / North American Auto Transportation) is the trucking company. The car would be on the train from Mexico City to Kansas City. Once it arrives, they pick up the car from there and move it to... it's next step (whatever that is). I would not expect Palsapp to update until the car arrives in Kansas City.

I'm not an expert on this ... my best guess is that the next step is another railroad (such as Norfolk Southern)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent 1610415463489

But this is just a wild guess... since they are the trains I usually see in Michigan hauling auto-racks and they do run all the way from Kansas City.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Keep in mind that Palsapp (Jack Cooper / North American Auto Transportation) is the trucking company. The car would be on the train from Mexico City to Kansas City. Once it arrives, they pick up the car from there and move it to... it's next step (whatever that is). I would not expect Palsapp to update until the car arrives in Kansas City.

I'm not an expert on this ... my best guess is that the next step is another railroad (such as Norfolk Southern)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent 1610415463489

But this is just a wild guess... since they are the trains I usually see in Michigan hauling auto-racks and they do run all the way from Kansas City.
Thank you! I misunderstood that Palsapp is for logistics AFTER arrival in KC. This helps.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
For those of us West of the Mississippi, it seems highly likely that our cars will travel on Union Pacific. I found a list of their automotive facilities on their website:

UP: Automotive Facility Profiles

You won't get far without a UP customer UserID (I don't have one), but at least it gives you an idea of where the car will be traveling. I've counted that at least 8 people will have driven my car before me due to all the intermediate handling :(. The other posts indicating their cars are in Mira Loma supports the hypothesis above.
I was told today that ALL LA cars go to Mira Loma and then transported by truck to the various dealerships.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why not just hang tight for a couple of days, a week at most? You're pretty close there.

(Mine is due between 1/21 and 1/28 but the status still says "Awaiting Shipment"; crossing my fingers that it shows up somewhere between those dates.)

I don't think anyone has any insight on those dates at all--we still haven't seen any forum members take delivery yet (unless they are so overjoyed with their car they forgot to post something).
I'm hanging in just fine. Just was looking for insight. I will be switching insurance companies since my current insurer was through the roof for coverage and didn't want to delay my pickup just because I didn't have insurance.

Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag

I was able to see my VIN was deliver on January 8 to the Norfolk Southern in Birmingham. considering it’s headed to Wyoming seems like it would have gone to UP in Muncie.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was able to see my VIN was deliver on January 8 to the Norfolk Southern in Birmingham. considering it’s headed to Wyoming seems like it would have gone to UP in Muncie.
Makes sense as UP doesn't appear to have a train facility in Wyoming.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told today that ALL LA cars go to Mira Loma and then transported by truck to the various dealerships.
Yep, that's generally how it seems to work. A regional rail gateway to a holding lot where things are shipped further by truck. For those of us in Western Washington, Kent, WA is the destination for cars coming in by rail on UP. They are then trucked to various dealers.

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag

looks like mine is on the same path with a build date of December 17th still awaiting shipment with a promise ETA January 28th my dealer is in Van Wert Ohio, Pals app shows Avon Lake pending
Sponsored