Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Before you fellas get lathered up about battery fires, that is NOT the problem - and please don't start/fuel that rumor. That would be a MAJOR issue and they would shut all production and shipping down (like with the kuga), which they aren't. My car was lucky enough to be after the issue was discovered and must have already been corrected at the plant, as it just got scheduled for delivery in late february. that scheduling occurred after the redirection of cars already in transit.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Here is a link to an online article about the Kuga's battery issue. This may or may not be the issue with the Mach-e. The article is from Nov 30, and there are similar articles going back to Oct 15, 2020. Ford would have known about this issue before retail production for the Mach-e, or certainly right at the beginning of production.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...sands-need-faulty-battery-packs-replaced.html

Also found this article specifically blaming the battery pack used in the Kuga

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/353611/ford-kuga-recall-ford-finds-fix-faulty-phev-battery-pack
This is what I have referred to. the battery packs are being replaced and new software added. My thoughts are the Mach E is undergoing similar changes especially since there is software changes. Ford Confirms Kuga PHEV Needs Replacement Battery, 27k Units Recalled - autoevolution The time frame aligns with the Mach E delay.
The insiders have already weighed in on the severity of the problem. Your guesses are off the mark

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I feel sorry for folks having thier cars worked on at KC Speedway. These will be like "refurbished" instead of new.
Nope, not at all. These cars will be new.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The insiders have already weighed in on the severity of the problem. Your guesses are off the mark

So now I am more confused than ever.

My car is currently sitting in KC. It arrived yesterday. At the time my car showed on the Ford app deliver date of 01/25.

Last night after reading here I checked it again. Now it says delivery date of 03/22. It states

YOUR CAR WILL NOW BE DELIVERED IN 65 DAYS.

If your car is just now going to KC then how does your car get delivered before mine??? Any chance my date changes drastically or is it too bad so sad you ordered too soon.

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
Without a little more detail from Ford in their delay announcement it leaves one to speculate. As far as I know, no one on this forum has presented the actual cause of the delay. It could be anything. And when you read others saying their status has changed from 'in transit' back to 'in production', it justifies speculation. Thats all i'm saying.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My car is currently sitting in KC. It arrived yesterday. At the time my car showed on the Ford app deliver date of 01/25.

Last night after reading here I checked it again. Now it says delivery date of 03/22. It states

YOUR CAR WILL NOW BE DELIVERED IN 65 DAYS.
That is an estimate. And at the moment, a wild estimate.

If your car is just now going to KC then how does your car get delivered before mine??? Any chance my date changes drastically or is it too bad so sad you ordered too soon.
I ordered 16 days before you, yet my car has not shipped yet. So is it too bad so sad, I ordered too soon? Hmm...

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't you thnk an official statement would be better! Also, not sure about your whole scenario. My car had scheduled build date of 12/15/20, and it is still in "Production". If they had discovered the problem and resolved it should it not have moved to awaiting transit.

So, bottom line, I still feel it is an unknown and potentially serious problem associated with manufacture of a product from ME.

Trust is built on Truth and transparency, not conceal and mislead.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
So, bottom line, I still feel it is an unknown and potentially serious problem associated with manufacture of a product from ME.

The issue is the Ford CEO was bragging on Twitter last week, now he has egg on his face. I doubt we ever get the real story. Maybe he should have waited until more than 3 cars were delivered before declaring victory. My coworker is really nervous about her order.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Without a little more detail from Ford in their delay announcement it leaves one to speculate. As far as I know, no one on this forum has presented the actual cause of the delay. It could be anything. And when you read others saying their status has changed from 'in transit' back to 'in production', it justifies speculation. Thats all i'm saying.
Sure, it is clear something went wrong. So, yes, speculation is expected. The insiders have said all that they can, which is that the issue is not major and the sky is not falling. So, while speculation is fine WILD speculation that the sky is falling is neither correct nor helpful.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My coworker is really nervous about her order.
Looking through your post history here... I can see how your coworker having discussions with you would make her more nervous. :eek: ?

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
Don't you thnk an official statement would be better! Also, not sure about your whole scenario. My car had scheduled build date of 12/15/20, and it is still in "Production". If they had discovered the problem and resolved it should it not have moved to awaiting transit.

my production completed Dec 18. It shipped Jan 4.

my eta end date started at March 23, then moved to Feb 11, now it’s sitting at Feb 24 on Ford tracker. My dealer looked it up today and it says Feb 16 on their system.

so far the dates are earlier than the slew of affected vehicles requiring extra work set for the end of March.

so who the heck knows.

my transit date says 50. This has never changed.

Reactions: UW2

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

The factory is behind because it is behind - has been since early December. My car had an initial estimated build week of 12/13 and finally got built on jan 8th. It too moved to "in transit" for a week, and finally went to shipped on friday. My guess: they were running additional checks to make sure it doesn't have the problem. I consider that a very good thing. Ford isn't obligated to tell me every step of the process, nor do I expect that. Would I like it? sure.

Conceal and mislead would be to deliver the car with known defects and make customers discover them and get them fixed after the fact at a service center. We've been told that the affected cars are getting an extra round of inspection. The implication is that if the car has the problem (whatever it is) it will also get fixed. Not giving you the nitty gritty details is not deception; it is not preferable but it is not lying.

Look, it's a brand new platform and if you expect nothing will ever go wrong with the first deliveries of a brand new platform you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. The same goes for your friend. If you can't accept that your car might have more problems than a 2022, you should probably cancel your order.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The issue is the Ford CEO was bragging on Twitter last week, now he has egg on his face. I doubt we ever get the real story. Maybe he should have waited until more than 3 cars were delivered before declaring victory. My coworker is really nervous about her order.
Really? He has egg on his face? Please explain: No customer car's have had their roof's fly off driving home from picking up their new car. No Mach-E's have had their bumpers fall off going through a puddle.

I'm sorry I don't see he has any egg on his face. This is to ensure that those things don't happen.

So the Mach-E is a few months late in comparison to years and years.

Sorry, 404 error no egg found.

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
So they care about the share price more than the customers? Is that what you're saying?

Ford's the last company that needs to care about their stock price, they're virtually takeover-proof with the family's preferred stock.
I'm assuming that

like nearly every post on this thread, thoughts and feelings
Sponsored

Last edited: