Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The issue is the Ford CEO was bragging on Twitter last week, now he has egg on his face. I doubt we ever get the real story. Maybe he should have waited until more than 3 cars were delivered before declaring victory. My coworker is really nervous about her order.
It’s your wildly inaccurate guessing probably isn’t helping her at all.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don't you thnk an official statement would be better! Also, not sure about your whole scenario. My car had scheduled build date of 12/15/20, and it is still in "Production". If they had discovered the problem and resolved it should it not have moved to awaiting transit.

So, bottom line, I still feel it is an unknown and potentially serious problem associated with manufacture of a product from ME.

Trust is built on Truth and transparency, not conceal and mislead.
So buy a Tesla and have them deliver late and yet still have the bumper fall off.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Any chance my date changes drastically or is it too bad so sad you ordered too soon.
I think your date is overly conservative and you'll get it sooner. I have no way of knowing, but it is likely IMHO.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Don't you thnk an official statement would be better! Also, not sure about your whole scenario. My car had scheduled build date of 12/15/20, and it is still in "Production". If they had discovered the problem and resolved it should it not have moved to awaiting transit.

So, bottom line, I still feel it is an unknown and potentially serious problem associated with manufacture of a product from ME.

Trust is built on Truth and transparency, not conceal and mislead.
Mine sat for in production I think for at least 8 weeks. It was late October early November when I saw IN PRODUCTION. I saw SHIPPED on 12/30. On 1/15 I saw IN TRANSIT with a delivery date of 01/25. I posted mi e changed between 6PM and 11PM from 1/25 to 03/22. 65 days to arrival. On the time line it said delivery TBD

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I will say this. At first I was angry because I went from 9 days to 65. After about an hour I realized that if takes 2 more months then I also make 2 more car payments which is like putting down an extra 2 payments as a down payment. All of a sudden I do not care. Take the time needed to make it right and in the meantime I will be paying down my trade in.

I live in Cali which is on lockdown so I am not driving to LA but maybe once a week. As such my gas bill is way down so this is a win win. Also hockey season is back on so now I have something to do instead of going crazy about my MME

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I will say this. At first I was angry because I went from 9 days to 65. After about an hour I realized that if takes 2 more months then I also make 2 more car payments which is like putting down an extra 2 payments as a down payment. All of a sudden I do not care. Take the time needed to make it right and in the meantime I will be paying down my trade in.

I live in Cali which is on lockdown so I am not driving to LA but maybe once a week. As such my gas bill is way down so this is a win win. Also hockey season is back on so now I have something to do instead of going crazy about my MME
My take is that I will have less winter elements to worry about. It will also give more time for the PPF templates to hit the market as well as other things like the sto-N-go front license plate bracket. As for the payment part I am paying the same now or later. I guess it gives me another 30 days or so to WIN the lottery and make just one payment. I don't like the fact that my MME was produced in December and will be sitting for two to three months, but it is what it is. I know we are all anxious because the forum is lit up like the Griswolds house from Christmas vacation. SO much speculation, wild guesses and freaked out people. I will say an ETA is an ETA, it will slide around, my guess is we will be happy within a few weeks and this will all be behind us. I look forward to delivery day and sharing my experience. Got my Mustang club renewal letter today, wow time flies by.

Stay happy and stay safe, this is just a short blip which will self correct.

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
I think it is entertaining to watch how people feel ENTITLED to have inside information about the development and production processes of multinational publicly traded companies. Reality Check: You Aren't Entitled to information. There are laws about what you MUST be told. I'm sure Ford is following those laws, and if they aren't giving you specifics, then you don't have a "right" to know. We get Marketing VagueSpeak because that all they NEED to give us. They are protecting their image, as is their right. If your safety is compromised, then you'll be told.

Confidentiality is their right. Inside information is NOT your right. People who leak inside information are breaking a confidentiality agreement (and the law). They are untrustworthy. Cheaters. Thieves of information and trust. Not nice people.

I'd love to know the details, too. But I want to know the details of how they logistically are getting the inspections/repairs/whatever done. Flying in people from the Mexico factory? Calling in locals, from other Ford factories? Are there teams that sit, with a bag packed, waiting for these calls? How long will each inspection take? What tools are required? Can it be done where they are parked? Or do they need to be on a lift? Do they need a laptop? Who loaded the software on all those laptops? Who is guarding the cars to keep the press (and us) far enough away?

I'm a big software nerd, a logistics nerd, an information junkie, and a lover of all things cutting-edge in technology. I buy cars when they first come out onto the market. Sometimes that is painful. More often, it is joyful to see what can be accomplished.

So let's chill. Crack open a beer. And wait.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So my Forum Tracking info updated overnight. I now show a Production Date of 1/16/2021 which was not populated before. (I had not received an email about delay)

Does that mean the car 'just' got on the line or is now off the line or in between?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent 1610912600452

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
So my Forum Tracking info updated overnight. I now show a Production Date of 1/16/2021 which was not populated before. (I had not received an email about delay)

Does that mean the car 'just' got on the line or is now off the line or in between?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Shipped Mach-Es Arrive at Kansas City Terminal With Deliveries Imminent 1610912600452
I would say it finished sometime on the 15th. Congrats!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Off the line and fully assembled. What is the primary status?