Shipped on 9/21 but they're in a black hole!!

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
no online tracking, but i emailed my rail car number to the customer service email and they gave me the date it was supposed to arrive in KC and it arrived exactly when they said it would.
Did your railcar number start with AOK? Mine starts with AOK and I thought it belongs to Arkansas Oklahoma Railroad.
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I think mine hit a black hole too. Left KC October 12th. Every single other car ordered at the dealer, even ones shipped 12 days after mine, have arrived. All I am told is that it is in Portland. Its been there for 11 days. Dealer has no info on it (or won't tell me even if they do).

Doesn't help that they called me today and said it was in and then 3 hours they called back and said it was a mistake, it was someone else's. Now their GM wants to cancel my reservation because he doesn't want a negative survey. Ridiculous.
@Ford Motor Company do you get involved in a situation like this where a GM is willing to screw a customer rather than get a bad survey?

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Before: Model Y, Bolt, ID.4 Now: Niro EV, Mach-E
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company do you get involved in a situation like this where a GM is willing to screw a customer rather than get a bad survey?
I sent Ford a tweet and a message here on the forums. Ridiculous that the GM, instead of trying to provide customer service, would rather cancel my reservation so they don't get a negative survey.

Yes, I called quite a bit and sent emails (which out of 4 only 1 got a reply) but that was because cars shipped way after mine kept arriving and because other dealers were actually giving me information my dealer said they were unable to. I had to email the inventory manager to even get a sliver of info because they never replied to my voicemails. They were not happy that I emailed them either.

Now I know how this dealer got Best Dealer in the State.

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Orders shipped on 9/15 seem to have entered the same blackhole after reaching KC.
Another customer of the same dealership I ordered from has received their order already after it shipped a week later than mine.
I'm guessing it probably didn't ship Sept 15. Ford site says mine also shipped Sept 15 and talking to the dealer they told me it shipped Oct 21 even though Ford site still says Sept 15.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I think mine hit a black hole too. Left KC October 12th. Every single other car ordered at the dealer, even ones shipped 12 days after mine, have arrived. All I am told is that it is in Portland. Its been there for 11 days. Dealer has no info on it (or won't tell me even if they do).

Doesn't help that they called me today and said it was in and then 3 hours they called back and said it was a mistake, it was someone else's. Now their GM wants to cancel my reservation because he doesn't want a negative survey. Ridiculous.
How would this even work on their end? If the car is already shipped and they cancel... is it just dealer inventory at that point? Because if that's the case then what's even the point of our orders if they can just be yanked away from us at any time for the dealer to get some inventory, avoid a negative survey, and throw some ADM and make even more money off this car?

This system sounds so broken.

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How would this even work on their end? If the car is already shipped and they cancel... is it just dealer inventory at that point? Because if that's the case then what's even the point of our orders if they can just be yanked away from us at any time for the dealer to get some inventory, avoid a negative survey, and throw some ADM and make even more money off this car?

This system sounds so broken.
This is a dealer ordered customer reserved car. So they can just cancel the transaction.

Dealer GM did get back to me and said they will keep the reservation for now. They saw that I had sent in emails and left voicemails and no one ever returned my call. He did try to pass off them responding to 1 email (out of 4 and 2 voicemail) as sufficient enough.

They know the car is off the train and waiting on a truck to bring it down. They don't know why it hasn't left the railyard for 2 weeks while other cars bound for the same dealership have. The GM then asked if I had called the railyard, to which I said I hadn't and wouldn't even know which one to call. They then said "Well we were thinking the delay might have been caused if you had called the railyard and irritated them too."

Guess when you have no trouble selling cars and there is high ADMs everywhere else you can treat customers like trash. Funny that their other location in the city is super friendly and helpful but they only sell the trucks.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
This is a dealer ordered customer reserved car. So they can just cancel the transaction.
Can you explain what you mean by this? As in, the dealership had ordered this before you decided you wanted it and now you're just waiting for it to come in but you had dibs? Or are you just reiterating that all of our orders are really just controlled by the dealer and they have final say?

Syaorandc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you explain what you mean by this? As in, the dealership had ordered this before you decided you wanted it and now you're just waiting for it to come in but you had dibs? Or are you just reiterating that all of our orders are really just controlled by the dealer and they have final say?
There are two types of orders. One put in by customers, also called Customer Retail Orders (If you look up the VIN + Order # it will say Retail). The other is reserving a car that the dealer themselves put an order in for(If you look up these VINs+Order # then it says Stock). Some dealers don't advertise their orders before they arrive and simply put them up for sale the second they arrive (there are two dealers here that do this that I know of. All the rest immediately put up cars they order for reservation).

If you reserve a car they are not allowed to sell it to anyone else however if they want too apparently they can also just cancel the transaction on a whim.
Customer Ordered cars I believe you can even switch what dealer the car arrives at so I don't think they can cancel them since they didn't order them.

Edit: Looks like my car is delayed another week in the railyard drop off. So it will have been there 3 weeks by then. Wonder why they are not putting it on the delivery truck and delivering it an hour away with the other cars coming to my dealer.

Last edited:

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
I'm guessing it probably didn't ship Sept 15. Ford site says mine also shipped Sept 15 and talking to the dealer they told me it shipped Oct 21 even though Ford site still says Sept 15.
Er…I took delivery of my car on Oct 26th. It actually did ship on Sept 15th and reached KC on Sept 27th.

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Er…I took delivery of my car on Oct 26th. It actually did ship on Sept 15th and reached KC on Sept 27th.
That's great! It's nice to see some cars getting delivered.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Mine was transferred in KC on Nov 1 or Nov 2. No updates since then. It it either in KC waiting for a full train car before coming to Denver, enroute to Denver or in Denver waiting for enough cars to fill up a truck. Or something else. I have an inquiry into Norfolk Southern (I got an order number from my VVR) to see if they can provide some insight into where it is, but I haven't heard back yet.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Update: My car is "apparently" (at least according to the Dealer) in Wyoming as of 7:33 this morning. It looking better that I'll get it before Thanksgiving. My delivery window updated to 11/17 to 11/23 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm in that window now, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Genewich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Select
Country flag
Mine apparently made it to Virginia in 4 weeks, and the black hole is at the Petersburg ramp. I hope "on hold" doesn't mean someone at the trucking co. F'd it up.

At427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
According to my dealer mine arrived this afternoon.