Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My wife doesn’t want to drive to Florida this year and since I plan on taking the MME, I don’t want to drive and get stuck in the middle of the trip at a dealer due to a bad HVBJB where the car might sit for weeks. I mean, I am not so thrilled with the HVBJB going bad in Florida and going to dealer I am not familiar with but at least I will be near my home down there.

I am having the car trucked to Florida. Picked up by trucker on a Monday and delivered by Friday.

any thoughts or special things that may need to be done. Or advice to trucker. The driver also owns the car carrier so I am not dealing with a middle man. Used him before as have many people I know. Open car carrier, not closed.

of course my concern is if the car bricks on the car carrier itself. That won’t be pleasant. If I get cold feet with the MME, I will have a different car shipped.

Will discuss with him where the tow areas are but car is driven onto the carrier.

thanks in advance
Sponsored

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I don’t think you will run into any problems shipping the MME. I would have the battery around 50 to 60%, and it really will be like shipping any other car. The only thing I would advise the driver about is NOT to hook anything to the battery rails. Ideally the straps to secure the car to the truck should onLy be on the wheels themselves.

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t think you will run into any problems shipping the MME. I would have the battery around 50 to 60%, and it really will be like shipping any other car. The only thing I would advise the driver about is NOT to hook anything to the battery rails. Ideally the straps to secure the car to the truck should onLy be on the wheels themselves.
I put the tow stickers on, hopefully in the right spot LOL And will make sure to go over with them as a just in case.

thanks

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What about the Autotrain from VA to Sanford (north Orlando)?

You only drive half the distance.

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
It stinks having such a potentially amazing car and having to be hesitant to use it on a roadtrip.

Put a few coats of wax on it. Rainx the windshield. Last week there was a ton of talk about lovebugs and such.
Good luck.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I would drive it and if it fails it fails. Could be a nice trip cutting across the Delaware river gap and going down the Blue Ridge Parkway this time of year.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
HVBJB can't fail when the vehicle is not running while on a car carrier.

For a 5 day trip, no lowering of charge level is needed.

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It stinks having such a potentially amazing car and having to be hesitant to use it on a roadtrip.

Put a few coats of wax on it. Rainx the windshield. Last week there was a ton of talk about lovebugs and such.
Good luck.
car Is going in Mid November , I believe love bug season is over by then.

I have taken numerous road trips in the 9 months I have had it but not this long. It is terrible that I have to think of it this way.

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would drive it and if it fails it fails. Could be a nice trip cutting across the Delaware river gap and going down the Blue Ridge Parkway this time of year.
I would love to drive it but last thing I want is too break down. Car could be at a dealer for 3 weeks. That would mean getting to Florida is a rented car or flying there, renting a car, flying back or driving back to get it.

No way do I want all that hassle.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I agree on the AutoTrain suggestion. Just be sure to get an actual room on the AutoTrain and you’ll be fine for an overnight trip. The only awful part is the drive around the beltway (yuck).

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree on the AutoTrain suggestion. Just be sure to get an actual room on the AutoTrain and you’ll be fine for an overnight trip. The only awful part is the drive around the beltway (yuck).
Thought about it but the wife nixed it. It’s about 5 hours to auto train and then 3 from auto in Florida to my house.

her idea of roughing it is at the 4 seasons hotel
Sponsored