Shipping tracking - what comes after Kansas City?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I was hoping that my previous Palsapp null/pending at Delaware, would come back after the KC delivered status took it over. Not sure how this is supposed to work. Why show a pending Delaware status, then remove it and place a "delivered" MO entry and then nothing else. i think what gets posted is up to the trucking companies diligence, and they are not always up to date according to the dispatcher. Oh well, it is nice to be able to track it when you can.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am in the exact same information 'black hole'.

www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker got me an update when shipped from MX (1/20), est 36d shipping
palsapp.com showed when received in KS (2/3)
...but then, no update when or if shipped from KS...
Your dealer hold this information now - can provide updates from KC to delivery point

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Your dealer hold this information now - can provide updates from KC to delivery point

wonder where they are looking/getting updated when vehicles LEAVE KC ? will the actual dispatch date show up in palsapp.com ?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
wonder where they are looking/getting updated when vehicles LEAVE KC ? will the actual dispatch date show up in palsapp.com ?
The date won't show up, but I look at least once per day waiting for the status to go from 'pending' to 'dispatched'. So I will know the date!!

This only applies if the cars leaves KC via truck. If it goes on via rail, Palsapp will only show it as delivered to one of the ramps.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The date won't show up, but I look at least once per day waiting for the status to go from 'pending' to 'dispatched'. So I will know the date!!

This only applies if the cars leaves KC via truck. If it goes on via rail, Palsapp will only show it as delivered to one of the ramps.
my MME has shown as delivered to 'argintine ramp' on date 2/3
but nothing since then.
I assume next leg will be by truck transport from KC to New Mexico...

not holding my breath on palsapp.com showing any update, so I think a call from Dealer when it is in the lot is the most likely next update. I haven't seen any other actual deliveries to NM yet, so best guess is still 'end of Feb'.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
but nothing since then.

not holding my breath on palsapp.com showing any update, so I think a call from Dealer when it is in the lot is the most likely next update. I haven't seen any other actual deliveries to NM yet, so best guess is still 'end of Feb'.
As I stated earlier call your dealer... they look into vehicle visibility report to get details on the last leg

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
but nothing since then.

It's my understanding that Argentine ramp is the loading point for trains headed west, probably BNSF.

Last edited:

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
It's my understanding that Argentine ramp is the loading point for trains headed west, probably BNSF.
From another thread on here, this helped me fill in the gaps on the informational black hole.

So in my obsession I stumbled on to a Stingray forum post about tracking your rail car (seemingly across most carriers) and it apparently actually works.

To be clear, I am not suggesting you do this. But...

If someone were to hypothetically try and use this system it would be super important to read the "Rules". That person should just use the automated system and never speak to a human lest they figure out non commercial entities are using the number. The fictional person who might use this system should also know the little trick on that post about how to enter the car initials with the keypad instead of their voice as well.

https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/how-to-tracking-by-railcar-number.8300/
Thanks to @AndyS_OSU for my new obsession.

When you call that 1800 number in the link here's some advice. You'll need your rail car number from your dealer or one of the kind souls on here who have access to that information. Once you get your rail car number, for reference mine on Norfolk Southern was TTGX, you'll call the number, say location then press in the T9 numbers on the key pad T is the 8 button and the first digit, G is the 4 button and first digit, X is 9 button and second digit. So after I say location I press 81814192 then I enter the 6 digits from my rail car. Say done when prompted and get your location. Then repeat as much as you feel comfortable stalking your car. Hang up before it sends you to a real person, when in doubt hang up.

Now I'm in another black hole, I've arrived at my final rail destination near Atlanta. And await transfer to a truck, I hope. So merely 2.5 hours away, but my dealer says it can be a week or two sometimes to transfer from there to a truck. I sure hope he's wrong and my MME won't just be sitting there less than 3 hours away while I wait for another 2 weeks. I haven't gotten any more movement on palsapp since my rail journey left KC.

Good luck everyone and happy stalking, hope your dealer is way better than mine. He claims to not even know how to track the shipment and find the secondary status. I think he's just tired of me and doesn't care enough to help me out. Luckily there are some truly awesome people on here.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah West/Northwest from what I can gather. Muncie is the West/Southwest.
Dtbaker61 said his went to Argentine and he's in New Mexico. So it may not be that clear-cut?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
As I stated earlier call your dealer... they look into vehicle visibility report to get details on the last leg
yup, I've asked.
I just have a sucky Dealer/salesperson who doesn't respond.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
yup, I've asked.
I just have a sucky Dealer/salesperson who doesn't respond.
Unfortunately my dealer tells me VV has not updated since 1/25 - so I know more than he does that the car is at least in KC since 2/6. Grrrr. He was like Oh Ok - I dont even see that. He only sees that it left the plant on 1/25.

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
I am in the exact same information 'black hole'.

www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker got me an update when shipped from MX (1/20), est 36d shipping
palsapp.com showed when received in KS (2/3)
...but then, no update when or if shipped from KS...
When you say the palsapp.com showed received. Did you see "recieved" in the form, mine just says pending. Mine shipped on 1/30 so if it lines up with your dates should be in KC today or tomorrow.

Thanks!
Sponsored