First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Investigator
Country flag
Super newbee here and even newer to the EV scene lol. Bought the MME to take trips from So Cal to AZ twice a month (257). So I got the CAL route 1. First trip down from Az To Cali. Left 100 percent made it to destination with 18 percent left and 50 miles on the GOM. The placement of charging stations suck on my route. Just happy I made it. Next test is to go back to AZ Friday. Not sure I am going to try to go all the way with no stops. Two uphill grades on the route. Stay tuned I will
Update after Friday.
BS
Sponsored

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Not sure where you are coming in from or going to but I grabbed a charge in Quartzsite on the way back from my last trip to Phoenix. I usually try to avoid that place like the plague. Other than the gas station being extremely busy and a pain to drive through to get to the chargers, things went pretty well and quick.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Based on where you live and the distance for your bi-weekly trip, you certainly bought the right trim (California Route 1).

Make sure you download and use PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!

Plugshare will show you Level 2 and Level 3 chargers on your route (more chargers are popping up every month or so). For now, stick to Electrify America stations...plenty of them on I-8, I-10, and I-40.

OP
OP

Blacksnake

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Investigator
Country flag
Well from Murrieta to Lake Havasu going through desert center there isn’t a lot of chargers in the middle
Of nowhere. Someone is supposed to develop desert center but that will be a ways off ughh
BS
Sponsored