TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Possibly the second of 2 physical keys with the car for the valet? Seems too basic, or Ford is trying to move us off the idea altogether with this nudge.

No way am I going to let a valet have this vehicle. ?
I probably won't either, but some hotels are putting their charges behind valet, so the valets can move the cars around as needed to charge them.

Does valet mode need a fob? I haven't looked at how it works, but my assumption was that it would just generate a temporary code that can be used to drive the car (and unlock it from the keypad).
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Oh yea, I had forgotten about the hotel valet musical charge routine. Kinda seems like it might be easier to just give them a fob than a code- but I do think you are correct that they could just use the temp code(s) to move the vehicle.

I probably won't either, but some hotels are putting their charges behind valet, so the valets can move the cars around as needed to charge them.

Does valet mode need a fob? I haven't looked at how it works, but my assumption was that it would just generate a temporary code that can be used to drive the car (and unlock it from the keypad).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I checked a couple of Ford valet mode videos, and all it appears to do is lock the screen out so the valet can't check your contacts, addresses, history, etc. Bummer. I though it would actually allow the car to be driven a limited distance too. Looks like the fob is still needed for that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not that I don't trust all you guys from the Road shows, but it was really great to see @OutofSpecKyle who reviews lots of cars and EV's do the walk around and have good things to say about the car. Can't wait until he rips @Mach-E VLOG's car around the track and shreds the tires on it! :D ;)
I've seen Mach Es in person four times now (five if you count the GT at a distance at the auto show) and I really enjoyed @OutofSpecKyle's walk-around! He definitely hit the high points.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I checked a couple of Ford valet mode videos, and all it appears to do is lock the screen out so the valet can't check your contacts, addresses, history, etc. Bummer. I though it would actually allow the car to be driven a limited distance too. Looks like the fob is still needed for that.
That's all I found as well. I was hoping it would give me or let me choose a valet code.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Even if that charge started all the way from 0%, 28% of 88 kWh = 25 kWh in 11 minutes = 134 kW average.
let’s hope the production numbers are much higher .. 150kW from 5% to 70% would be perfect ? .. then a slow tapper from 150kW to 60kW by 100% .. would make for a solid charging curve .. can’t wait to see what it actually is ..

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Hahahaha

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not that I don't trust all you guys from the Road shows, but it was really great to see @OutofSpecKyle who reviews lots of cars and EV's do the walk around and have good things to say about the car. Can't wait until he rips @Mach-E VLOG's car around the track and shreds the tires on it! :D ;)
It’s all good .. Kyle does it for a living .. I do it just for fun / sharing.. plus been watching Kyle for years now he always say it like it is .. one of the best reviewer around that’s not a Tesla fan boy, but a true car guy!

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
And probably one kept in the car for valet use.
you can just set a 4 digit valet code .. no need to have the key fob, your phone as key and backup key code to drive and separate valet code .. truly there was no need for a key fob .. but it’s nice Ford included one.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if anyone is willing to let Rich Rebuilds convert their premium AWD to a GT... before the GT is released!? Lol
don’t think that will be needed .. this car will be a tuner car its all software control and Ford normally does not put too much security in accessing and writing to the main ECU so will see ... we will see like handheld units that boost the limit of how much amps to pull during WOT.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I hate valets. I had one a few years ago in Orlando that decided to hoon my rental Cadillac while on the phone with his girlfriend or something - took it over 50 in a 25 zone. How do I know all this? Because when I travel I always take a Garmin GPS that has a built-in dashcam that includes the current speed of the car and audio capture... so, yeah.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Some pretty interesting photos @OutofSpecKyle took that I just found. He must have been driving hard to only have 59 miles at 28%. And what is that bubble around the car on the driver display?
https://outofspecstudios.com/gallery
I'm assuming that's part of the Ford Co Pilot system either lane keep assist, hands free driving or adaptive cruise control. But we won't really know until we see more driving videos on the 15th.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Some pretty interesting photos @OutofSpecKyle took that I just found. He must have been driving hard to only have 59 miles at 28%. And what is that bubble around the car on the driver display?
https://outofspecstudios.com/gallery
Kyle posted the photo gallery back on the thread he started, they're pretty awesome.

The bubble around the Mach-E is indeed part of the ADAS system. We've seen it in action in some of the ride-alongs. I like how "fluid" it looks, great design decision in my opinion.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
59 miles @ 28% = 210 miles when full. Yup pretty spirited driving LOL
Sponsored