Should I road trip with only EVgo 50kw Stations

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
FT Payne and Rome GA are fine for my drive to GA, my drive north to TN is what I researching
The reality is that you have no options besides the EVgo chargers around Chattanooga. The one at the Hilton Garden Inn doesn't show any Mach-Es, shows an e-Tron and an ID-4 charging below 40kW.

Chattanooga Choo Choo shows failed Mach-Es and one success.

Hampton Inn shows success and failure.

Note there is a coming soon in Ringgold, GA, but it may not be operable in time.

Based on the resources, or lack thereof, available, I wouldn't take my EV with elderly parents if the Ooltewah EA is too far out of the way (shows 16 miles and 19 minutes round trip).
Sponsored

Reactions: JRT
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Ya I'm going to talk with my Mom tonight, it is also her Birthday so additional lunch / dinner stops are considered. To bad there just isn't much EV infrastructure in the Chattanooga area close to nicer shopping / dining options.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I have no idea where the nice shopping / dining options are, but destinations like those may have great charging - Level 2. Fast charging and destinations isn't a thing, fast charging is for traveling a route and charging along the way.

Switch to a minimum of 0kW (i.e. include all) on PlugShare and you'll see a plethora of chargers. But in 2 hours you're not going to gain much.

ckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Select AWD shadow black built 12/21
Country flag
Depending on temp (cold/hot) where you live, the HVB heating/cooling might take an avg of 2.5kw (5kw peaks I've seen) during charging. So that will eat the rate at which your battery refills slightly, especially at capped 50kw DCFC

Last edited:
Reactions: JRT
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Well decision is made, I'll be driving my trusty 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab long bed as Mom wants some mirrors from Lowes picked up for their house to install. Some day the SE will get this dead zone of charging fixed, that or I'll just sell this car and get a 300+ mile range EV replacement.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well decision is made, I'll be driving my trusty 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab long bed as Mom wants some mirrors from Lowes picked up for their house to install. Some day the SE will get this dead zone of charging fixed, that or I'll just sell this car and get a 300+ mile range EV replacement.
Sometimes you just need to explode some dinosaurs and roll coal. Be safe!
Sponsored