Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car will likely be in the shop until early next week (HVBJB replacement), so unless a miracle happens at the dealership tomorrow, I'm not going to be able to make it :(

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Atherton, CA got a Prius Plug-in and a Zero Motorcycle added for tomorrow.

VehicleRegistered
Tesla Model 32
Volkswagen e-Golf2
Ford Mustang Mach-E1
Rivian R1T1
Tesla Model S1
Tesla Model Y1
Toyota Plug-in Prius1
Volkswagon ID.41
Zero Motorcycle1
9 Models11

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Here's the list of EV/PHEV signed up so far for the Cazenovia, NY event on April 23rd.

DEED_List_20220406.jpg

Hope to get a few more as we get closer to the date. Also, this does not include two BMW electric vehicles a local dealer is bringing.
I’m undecided still on this. Looks like 26 cars now. I could make it 27 and 3 Mach Es. Hmmmmm. 55 degs and probably 6-7 grey bars on my GTPE.

Update: Ok, I registered. My kid wants to see some of the other cars.

A2AFAAA0-75E6-480C-9100-3003FD8E197E.jpeg

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m undecided still on this. Looks like 26 cars now. I could make it 27 and 3 Mach Es. Hmmmmm. 55 degs and probably 6-7 grey bars on my GTPE.
And here in Silicon Valley we have exactly one Mach-E registered. WTH? 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Woo Hoo!!!! See you tomorrow!

Update: Ok, I registered. My kid wants to see some of the other cars.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Show off your Mach-E at Drive Electric Earth Day events in April A2AFAAA0-75E6-480C-9100-3003FD8E197E

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Well attended event today in Saline, Michigan, and a nice Ace Hardware (brand new) with a bathroom!

After attending two of these events, I have to say I think they do a poor job of recruiting new EV owners, which is what I thought the purpose was. Maybe a dozen non- owners showed up. It's unfortunate that these events are overwhelmingly Tesla. Two Rivians showed up, some kind of a PHEV Mini Cooper, a few Bolts, etc. But you're preaching to the choir for the most part.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well attended event today in Saline, Michigan, and a nice Ace Hardware (brand new) with a bathroom!

After attending two of these events, I have to say I think they do a poor job of recruiting new EV owners, which is what I thought the purpose was. Maybe a dozen non- owners showed up. It's unfortunate that these events are overwhelmingly Tesla. Two Rivians showed up, some kind of a PHEV Mini Cooper, a few Bolts, etc. But you're preaching to the choir for the most part.
That's what I thought about the event in Livonia last fall. It was nice to converse with other enthusiastic EV owners, but I didn't get the sense that there were many prospective EV owners in play.

Perhaps they should hold these events adjacent to gas stations. Pay $80 to fill your tank while the EV owners come by to console you and offer a tour of their cars.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

That's what I thought about the event in Livonia last fall. It was nice to converse with other enthusiastic EV owners, but I didn't get the sense that there were many prospective EV owners in play.

Perhaps they should hold these events adjacent to gas stations. Pay $80 to fill your tank while the EV owners come by to console you and offer a tour of their cars.
I took part in one back in 2014 with my Focus Electric. We were setup near Sears at Briarwood mall (back when Sears was still a thing).

At the mall there was quite a few EV interested people walking/driving by. Many even stopped to ask questions. Of course there was far fewer EVs to show off back then.

I was all setup with brochures and explainer papers, even a "for more info leave your e-mail" signup sheet.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Show off your Mach-E at Drive Electric Earth Day events in April 20140919_101538

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Ran into a Rivian while charging today. Looks good. I know headlights are not for everyone but ok for me, different is good.

C6EA769F-3A99-4595-AF9E-2DE54FC7AE58.jpeg
Yuck! 😬Those headlights are wimps IMHO.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Just back from showcasing our MY next to a grabber blue FE. There were literally hundreds of people at the Earth Day gathering and many, many people looking at and asking questions about the~30 or so EVs there.

The local MB dealer brought in a new EQS. What a stunning car but $105k and it's really long so not to my tastes.

A new Rivian also showed up and it's a really cool looking pickup truck. The same couple also have a Ford Lightning that's being built in June and they'll sell the wife's Tesla Model X when the Ford comes in.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Here's a couple from the CNY DEED event in Cazenovia last week. @Benny’66 showed up with his GTPE. It's sandwiched between a Bolt EUV and older Bolts. At least, Chevy knows how to put bright colors on an EV.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Show off your Mach-E at Drive Electric Earth Day events in April STP_20220423_1006

Had both a Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 show up along with a Tesla Roadster.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Show off your Mach-E at Drive Electric Earth Day events in April STP_20220423_1082