Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Now that I'm 3-4 months into my MME ownership and 6,500 miles in, I'd like to find out if anyone is tracking their charging stats. I'm offering my stats below...I'd love to hear how other people are faring with their charging experiences:
  1. Miles driven: 6,500
    • Mostly commuting, errands, and a few road trips (about 4,500 daily driving miles and 2,000 road trip miles)
  2. Total kWh used: 2,300
    • 1,795 kWh (home charging, Level 2)
      • Of this, about 1,610 kWh delivered to battery, due to losses, averaging about 11%
    • 255 kWh (Level 3 DCFC, mostly free)
    • 250 kWh (Free destination charging, Level 1 and Level 2)
  3. Charging breakdown:
    • DCFC: 11%
    • Home charging: 78%
    • Destination (free) charging: 11%
    • Level 3 / Level 2 split: 11% / 89%
  4. Miles per kWh: 3.07 (based on mileage driven divided by kWh delivered...BTW, this agrees with the MME trip computer, which says 3.1 mi/kWh)
  5. Fuel cost per mile: $0.032 (a bit lower due to free destination and DCFC charging...first 250 kWh of DCFC were free)
    • Charging cost is $0.04/mile at home
I know many of you may not be tracking these stats, but I do because I'm really interested in how everything breaks down and how much money I'm potentially saving. I'd be curious to see where others land on charging type (Level 3 vs. Level 2), charging costs, and how much of your charging is done at home.
Sponsored

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Premium AWD Extended Range. Got it April 4th. That's an average efficiency of 3.4 Mi/kWh so far. Note that this is mostly local driving, just one trip 175 miles each way in July. Just did my first DC Fast Charge today (as a test for a road trip). All other charging has been at home except one level 2 destination charge at a public (free) charger. Temperature data from the National Weather Service at the nearest major station, the rest is from the car's trip computer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Show Us Your Charging Stats 1627861042773

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I didn't keep the records, I've charged the car in many places. But I did notice my home charger showed about 10% more power consumed from the grid than GOM. I wonder how you got 3.07 based on actual kWh consumed vs 3.1 from GOM. There should be about 10% difference.

OP
OP
BadgerGreg

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I didn't keep the records, I've charged the car in many places. But I did notice my home charger showed about 10% more power consumed from the grid than GOM. I wonder how you got 3.07 based on actual kWh consumed vs 3.1 from GOM. There should be about 10% difference.
I adjust the denominator (kWh) to the amount of estimated electricity received by the car. This gives me a more accurate figure. The only caveat is that the FordPass app (Battery Charge Logs) only shows % charged (from x% to y%) instead of actual kWh charged.

The FordPass app needs a lot of work on showing more useful charging metrics. When I pull up the 'charging details' screen on the app the morning after a charge, it actually lists the total kWh added, but this number is usually way off (just like the 'miles added' metric is also unreliable). The only way I have to consistently measure electricity received is by estimating kWh by the percent charged. I really hope that @Ford Motor Company addresses this in an upcoming update of the FordPass app.
Sponsored