Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 MME Prem LR-RD; 2013 Focus Electric
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Apart from PPF and ceramic coating, what is everyone using for side door protection from dings/dents in parking lots and elsewhere? Are door edge moldings a good idea, and if so, any recommendations?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Apart from PPF and ceramic coating, what is everyone using for side door protection from dings/dents in parking lots and elsewhere? Are door edge moldings a good idea, and if so, any recommendations?
Social distancing.

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Me, too. My daughter was kind enough to ding my passenger door with my wife's car, however. I put paddling on the wall by the driver side door to keep the edges from hitting the wall.
It's inevitable for all of us, probably. But I am going to cry when it happens.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Me, too. My daughter was kind enough to ding my passenger door with my wife's car, however. I put paddling on the wall by the driver side door to keep the edges from hitting the wall.
My daughter did the same thing to my minivan with my wife's car when the van was a few months old. At least she won't be able to do the same to the Mach-E which will be the replacement to my wife's car, thanks to the van's sliding doors.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
My daughter did the same thing to my minivan with my wife's car when the van was a few months old. At least she won't be able to do the same to the Mach-E which will be the replacement to my wife's car, thanks to the van's sliding doors.
I did it to my wife's car when it was new. I'm sure she was thinking, "serves you right.". So petty. LOL

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Bought something called “Door Defender” a few years back. It is a magnetic pad that protects the doors and has a cable that locks inside. it is thick enough to protect the doors. If you forget it, magnets are strong enough to hold the on, even on the highway. Had them for years, no door dings on any vehicle. I only use them if no choice, or risky. Otherwise I park far away.
Sponsored