Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@50 Deep: Glad you're here. These are nice wheels.

Is this the natural evolution of this kind of forum? Vendors start trying to sell their wares?
Yes but there's a place for it.

@Administrator Should this be moved to Marketplace/Vendor/Wheels?
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
@50 Deep, you're definitely on my list of mods for the future, so thanks for the info and intro. I was looking at your site before I took delivery and am probably looking at purchasing something come summertime.
Excellent, can’t wait.

I think it might be time to add a Vendor sub-section like the Mustang6G and Ecoboost forums do already. That way, vendors know where to post and the administrators can easily manage it.

In other forums, vendors who post and are active often give forum members special discount codes so they can track sales from that forum.

In this way, both forum members and vendors benefit with direct contact with each other.

** Never mind...there is already a Marketplace where vendors should be posting including a place for wheels and tires.

The marketplace is usuallly for direct sales offerings. That is not what this is intended for. Here we will discuss data and showcase client builds. The mods have it right.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

In the various forums I am a member of: F150, Focus RS, Escape, Porsche, BMW, Ranger, Mustang 6G, these types of threads are generally in the Main or Wheels/Suspension forum category. The OP of these types of threads are constantly interacting with the members helping them out with new ideas, builds, specs and many photos of all of this. The members are constantly posting photos of their cars with items they purchased from the vendors.

This is not a one or two time post like in the Marketplace forum where vendors have a particular item for sale. Just one example and I will use this particular member, @50 Deep, has a thread like this one in the Mustang 6G, GT500, Main forum, not the Wheels forum category. It was started less than two years ago and it has over 1000 posts, over 3000 photos and over 61,000 views.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Our initial measurements show the base model cars have about 2” of wheel gap between the tire and fender.

Ideally this will be a vehicle you want to lower for the best aesthetics, or upsize the wheel and tire combination to eat up some of the wheel gap.

Mountain Pass has been one of the leaders in suspension components for our Tesla clients. I wonder if they will make a play here.

Here are few more renderings done on the Mach-E GT.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures 2111371F-D0D6-430A-90C1-43FB282451BF
Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures B31B0C88-3B9E-4F05-8A39-5CCB0C93491D
Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures E735FAF4-457F-47B4-A495-4F04E450DF6E
Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures A8FF4532-76FA-4719-96E7-80B4FCD4F32A

F2CA2418-98E0-4CFC-A54C-D7CD864F809C.jpeg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Measurements are everything in this game. Dialing in some specs for our concave profiles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures EC5FE2AA-7CBE-49D2-B465-85415D28C9B3

Looks like we stand a chance to shed some good weight here also. OEM wheel and tire setup comes in at 56 lbs.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures B93E80A7-7CED-4B90-9E28-8D95047FBEE5

With an advertised tire weight of 29 lbs that gives us a roughly a 26 lb wheel!

With most of our 19” signature wheel builds coming in at 21 lbs this will leave a great opportunity to free up unsprung weight and rotating mass.

Last edited:

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Looks like we stand a chance to shed some good weight here also. OEM wheel and tire setup comes in at 56 lbs.

With an advertised tire weight of 29 lbs that gives us a roughly a 36 lb wheel!
I think you meant to say 27lb factory wheel? Not sure how you got 36 lbs...

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
I think you meant to say 27lb factory wheel? Not sure how you got 36 lbs...
Correct. Slip of the finger when typing

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Ok ladies and gentleman. We are on our way. Initial test fitting has gone well for our good friend @markboris. I should be meeting with him later this week to see it all come together.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures IMG_1218

Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures 52C54849-EC00-46EB-84FC-5F1AB465F173

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
All I can say is the car has tons of potential. Still editing some photos that I took of @markboris' Mach E today. This is one of those occasions where size matters.....

20x8.5 / 20x10 Signature Wheel Precision Series SV706

Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures SV706 Mach E Gloss Black-27
Ford Mustang Mach-E Signature Wheel’s Mach-E Adventures SV706 Mach E Gloss Black-09

Last edited:

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm really anxious to hear how the range is impacted. Also curious to see how the clearance in the rear is impacted with passengers in the rear, under cornering, etc.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm really anxious to hear how the range is impacted. Also curious to see how the clearance in the rear is impacted with passengers in the rear, under cornering, etc.
I did mention in my thread on these wheels and tires, I am not concerned about the range impact but I know many people are. That said, since I haven't driven the car more than 500 miles and haven't really discharged and recharged the battery fully yet, I have nothing to base it on. I guess I could figure that since I have a Premium AWD Extended battery that I should get around 270 miles on a 100% charge. What I can do is wait until the battery gets to around 10% then charge it up to 100% and see what the range will be. I can do this maybe 5 times in a row and get an idea of what my range will be. I have read that people with Tesla's see a 10-15% impact on range with larger tires. I can post the next few times what my range is after charging to 100% if that would help otherwise give me a suggestion as to what else to do.

About the clearance in the rear, so far have only had 4 adults in the car with no luggage and the clearance is still the same between the inner sidewall and shock, about 1/2". As soon as Steeda comes out with their lowering springs I am all over it. I have been in contact with them and they've been working on it but these things take time. I don't feel there should be an issue after I lower it either. I do have to say, I rarely have passengers in the back seat or luggage for that matter. As far as the handling, I have driven the car aggressively over 150 miles yesterday in the mountainous roads around here and there are absolutely no issues.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I did mention in my thread on these wheels and tires, I am not concerned about the range impact but I know many people are. That said, since I haven't driven the car more than 500 miles and haven't really discharged and recharged the battery fully yet, I have nothing to base it on. I guess I could figure that since I have a Premium AWD Extended battery that I should get around 270 miles on a 100% charge. What I can do is wait until the battery gets to around 10% then charge it up to 100% and see what the range will be. I can do this maybe 5 times in a row and get an idea of what my range will be. I have read that people with Tesla's see a 10-15% impact on range with larger tires. I can post the next few times what my range is after charging to 100% if that would help otherwise give me a suggestion as to what else to do.

About the clearance in the rear, so far have only had 4 adults in the car with no luggage and the clearance is still the same between the inner sidewall and shock, about 1/2". As soon as Steeda comes out with their lowering springs I am all over it. I have been in contact with them and they've been working on it but these things take time. I don't feel there should be an issue after I lower it either. I do have to say, I rarely have passengers in the back seat or luggage for that matter. As far as the handling, I have driven the car aggressively over 150 miles yesterday in the mountainous roads around here and there are absolutely no issues.
Understood... Perhaps just a mi/kwh reading from a trip at some steady speed. That would be a reasonable benchmark that others could easily compare with.

Your experience on some twisties is really sounding good...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.