First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Nice video.

I found this on Wikipedia that explains how Tesla is doing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_US_dealership_disputes
Interesting - I assume dealers are just protecting their turf and not wanting to lose revenue but I am just surprised to see the disparity between all the states and the decisions they have made. Its 21st century and cant sell something online just because? hard to comprehend. None of these efforts stopped Tesla from doing what it set out to do

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I'd 100% prefer Ford sell MME online like Tesla, skip all the dealers. Dealer just help deliver the car and provide warranty service, that's it. It's really no fun to deal with them, especially in Canada!

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Interesting - I assume dealers are just protecting their turf and not wanting to lose revenue but I am just surprised to see the disparity between all the states and the decisions they have made. Its 21st century and cant sell something online just because? hard to comprehend. None of these efforts stopped Tesla from doing what it set out to do
You can't pump gas yourself in two states just because.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'd 100% prefer Ford sell MME online like Tesla, skip all the dealers. Dealer just help deliver the car and provide warranty service, that's it. It's really no fun to deal with them, especially in Canada!
I was hoping with all the all the early talk from ford about a new way to purchase we would get exactly that but alas no :( Besides for the the amount we are paying for shipping I would want the transporter to drive right past the dealer and delivery it direct to my front door, the dealer can make do with a cheque in the post.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So how am I suppose to fill up my mach e with diesel in those states?
@timbop: Please tell us you’ll take your Mach E to a NJ gas station when you get it and take video ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
@timbop: Please tell us you’ll take your Mach E to a NJ gas station when you get it and take video ?
I predict that within a week of the Mach-E hitting the streets in the hands of real customers, those guys making the "Tesla needs gas" videos will have one with an MME.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There's actually a bumper sticker "jersey girls don't pump gas"; it is a matter of pride. Oddly enough, NJ full service gas prices are comparable to the "self serve" prices in pennsy, so for the same money I'd rather not drive off with my hands smelling like gas.

Of course, the same will be true for BEV's; I will only go to full service DCFC stations so my hands don't get dirty electrons on them.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Of course, the same will be true for BEV's; I will only go to full service DCFC stations so my hands don't get dirty electrons on them.
I will only use organic, free range electrons that lived out a natural life on the farm before being humanely placed into the wire for my natural charging pleasure.
Sponsored