Sink or swim with PaaK. Anyone else besides me doing this?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I don't use the fob. After some initial hiccups I haven't had any issues. One observation is that when the MME didn't respond FordPass was not on the Home screen.
Sponsored

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Yep. 100% PaaK. Gave my wife the fob. One month fob free so far and it’s been great.

iPhone 11.
This is what I intend to do but so far my wife is intimidated. She’ll come around. But I am only using paak and it is pretty good. My puddle lights always work BTW. Don’t know if it is a paak thing but I really love the puddle lights.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
100% PAAK. Keep the fob on my windowsill. Of course, for this trip to FL I brought it along double wrapped in the faraday bags in which they sent us our EZPass transponders.
iPhone 12Pro for me
iPone 7 for my wife.

Haven't needed the fob for anything but setting up the car at first.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
100% PAAK. Keep the fob on my windowsill. Of course, for this trip to FL I brought it along double wrapped in the faraday bags in which they sent us our EZPass transponders.
iPhone 12Pro for me
iPone 7 for my wife.

Haven't needed the fob for anything but setting up the car at first.
That is awesome! Your wife has an iPone? Now you have to give her your phone case. E-pony for the iPone!
:)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Haven't had any problems with iPhone thus far. a few nits:
- There can be a lag when approaching/opening the door
- I did find that it does help to place the phone it on the charging mat to improve reliably of detection

Profiles are matching up fine. However, I had pre-set addresses online and sent them to the car, and it mixed up my home address with my work address, oddly.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
PAAK works for me - and as all of you posted need to refresh a few times and last night it failed to start the car remotely even after few attempts (I was trying to wake up the car to refresh the charging section in the App) - the only challenge I am seeing is keeping location ON always and FordPass running always seems to be sucking up my iphone 8 battery big time. I have since stopped running it in the background and location tracking is set to only when App is in use. It has been Ok - just need to refresh a few times which I have been anyway.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
- I did find that it does help to place the phone it on the charging mat to improve reliably of detection

Profiles are matching up fine. However, I had pre-set addresses online and sent them to the car, and it mixed up my home address with my work address, oddly.
How/where do you preset the addresses online? I was only able to set it up on the sync system but setting it up on the App was futile (I cant seem to figure out a way to set home or work address on the app)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
:) living on the edge over here!
In all honesty Greg, once my car gets here via slow boat, I’ll probably set the iPhone up and then carry the FOB around in a faraday bag for quite some time until I deem PAAK reliable. No clue what my criteria will be for this elusive “reliable” though.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Agreed

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
How/where do you preset the addresses online? I was only able to set it up on the sync system but setting it up on the App was futile (I cant seem to figure out a way to set home or work address on the app)
It was part of Remote Vehicle setup where you can set up some of your favorite/common addresses. I completed mine already so I can't get access to the screen anymore, sorry!

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
In all honesty Greg, once my car gets here via slow boat, I’ll probably set the iPhone up and then carry the FOB around in a faraday bag for quite some time until I deem PAAK reliable. No clue what my criteria will be for this elusive “reliable” though.
I was nearly certain I wouldn't even set up PaaK and just rely on the fob and keypad code. Then I found out that I had to set up PaaK in order to set a start code so once I went over to the dark side I decided to hang around for a while. :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It was part of Remote Vehicle setup where you can set up some of your favorite/common addresses. I completed mine already so I can't get access to the screen anymore, sorry!
Oh ok - I never got that screen so I wont worry

caca_on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I am in the same camp as @hybrid2bev I haven't carried the fob in over two weeks.
Galaxy S20
Same here. 2 weeks and counting...
Two things tho:

I noticed sometimes the doors don't unlock when I approach the car if phone is in my back pocket. If I'm carrying the phone in my hands it unlocks 10/10

Second, I really need to learn how to use the valet code thing.. Had to leave the phone in the car the other day during its first wash so they could maneuver it lol
Sponsored