Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
Has anyone had an issue where their SiriusXM doesn't work? When I turn to it, the message on the screen says "Acquiring Signal" for a few minutes then returns the message "Hardware Problem". I've already called SiriusXM to refresh the radio and it has not worked. Also, when I go to the SiriusXM screen in settings, I have no Radio ID. Any ideas?
Sponsored

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Just a stab in the dark here, but based upon my previous experiences with sat radio, I would suspect an issue with either the antenna, or the antenna connection. A more specific error message from the radio would be nice, but I have no idea how detailed the customer-facing error messages are with this unit.

OP
OP

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
Update...the car has been at the dealer for a week now and they still havent figured it out...UGH

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
wow! Sorry to hear this. Mine hasn't had any problems other than the presets not saving... For which an OTA is coming.
Your dealer is stalling... It should be a straightforward diagnosis! Start with testing the antenna, the siriusxm module, and the wiring between them.

OP
OP

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
I tried to guide them, but since this is their first MME in for service, they said they are waiting to hear from a Ford Engineer. I just wonder is it typical to take that long to hear back from Corporate to help a dealership diagnose an issue?

OP
OP

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
No resolution as of yet. They replaced some "module" and it did not resolve the issue. I get my car back tomorrow while they wait to hear from Ford for further direction.

OP
OP

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
I finally got resolution on this. They replaced the APIM module. Replacing this module erased all of my custom settings in the process.

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I finally got resolution on this. They replaced the APIM module. Replacing this module erased all of my custom settings in the process.
Just curious what the APIM is? Is there an Acronym Wiki somewhere? I searched but didn't find one...

OP
OP

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
It stands for Accessory Protocol Interface Module . I believe it controls most of the Ford Sync functionality.
Sponsored