PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
I have a random - question - My current car buffers/saves the preset channels and I can go back up to about 90 minutes from the time I started the car on any of the preset channels - does the MME have this??
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I think it’s supposed to, but I’ve never been able to make it work.

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
if it does, it doesn't work. That's why I decided against continuing my subscription. Going under a bridge would cause my radio to lose signal, and I had no way of backing up (the stream). 🤬

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
if it does, it doesn't work. That's why I decided against continuing my subscription. Going under a bridge would cause my radio to lose signal, and I had no way of backing up (the stream). 🤬
Nice to know it’s not just me!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I think it does, I remember pressing "back" on one song before, but they seem to have removed some Sirius XM features.

One SUPER AWESOME FEATURE was to use internet to stream SiriusXM if that satellite coverage was blocked. When I'd get in my car and get situated in the mornings before driving to work or in the parking garage at work when I'd want to finish off a song or talk show, once it would lose service, a few seconds later a button would pop up saying "switch to internet" or "use internet" something like that and I'd get service again. It no longer does this! Was such a great feature, such a bummer to remove it to save a few bucks on Ford's end, I guess.

I don't use SiriusXM or the radio that much, I use CarPlay 99% of the time, but it was nice to have.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have a random - question - My current car buffers/saves the preset channels and I can go back up to about 90 minutes from the time I started the car on any of the preset channels - does the MME have this??
I don't know about all the channels but the last tuned channel sure works that way. I don't know about 90 minutes though? I can go back quite a ways but never checked how far. If I change to another station then I can also go back pretty far.

There is a setting in Sync where you have to enable that feature.

OP
OP

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So - I just saw some posts with a screen capture of the radio - I see the pause / rewind button -

In my Honda the way it works is there a nice bar that shows the amount buffered / saved and you can then skip back and forth.

If I go through a tunnel or somewhere where the signal is blocked, it does not capture the missed data and I do need to jump to live - but I can replay what had been saved at least

The rewind jumps to the start of each song - so if you are on a station where the program title doesn't change it may not work as well.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think it does, I remember pressing "back" on one song before, but they seem to have removed some Sirius XM features.

One SUPER AWESOME FEATURE was to use internet to stream SiriusXM if that satellite coverage was blocked. When I'd get in my car and get situated in the mornings before driving to work or in the parking garage at work when I'd want to finish off a song or talk show, once it would lose service, a few seconds later a button would pop up saying "switch to internet" or "use internet" something like that and I'd get service again. It no longer does this! Was such a great feature, such a bummer to remove it to save a few bucks on Ford's end, I guess.

I don't use SiriusXM or the radio that much, I use CarPlay 99% of the time, but it was nice to have.
That sounds cool. I don't think I've seen that before though. ??
What I do like is the "Related" button. There are all sorts of alternate programming that is related to whatever is playing on that current station. I was on the way to the Def Leppard/Motley Crue/Joan Jett/Poison show last week and selected that button while a Def Leppard song was playing and a choices came up to listen to other stuff like their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction performance or the Stadium Tour announcement etc. We listened to the announcement and that was a good warm up for the show. 👍 :)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So - I just saw some posts with a screen capture of the radio - I see the pause / rewind button -

In my Honda the way it works is there a nice bar that shows the amount buffered / saved and you can then skip back and forth.

If I go through a tunnel or somewhere where the signal is blocked, it does not capture the missed data and I do need to jump to live - but I can replay what had been saved at least

The rewind jumps to the start of each song - so if you are on a station where the program title doesn't change it may not work as well.
Yes and no. It does buffer, but there is no rewind or fast forward button. Those are just skip buttons, so you can skip to the beginning or end of a song. That's fine for music stations, but pretty useless for talk stations. Also, if you take a phone call, it will return to Live after, and there's no way to get back to where you were. I had better SXM functionality in my car 10 years ago.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Works the same in the MME so you will be right at home when you get your car. 👍

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes and no. It does buffer, but there is no rewind or fast forward button. Those are just skip buttons, so you can skip to the beginning or end of a song. That's fine for music stations, but pretty useless for talk stations. Also, if you take a phone call, it will return to Live after, and there's no way to get back to where you were. I had better SXM functionality in my car 10 years ago.
Oh yeah.
This is correct. It is just skip. Not really rewind per se.
The rewind and fast forward only works on the On Demand programming.

OP
OP

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@SnBGC and others - thank you - I'll have to see how it works when I get it.
I don't use it that often - typically it's been when I was changing between presets and rather then starting in the middle of song I could "skip" back to the start.

This quite frankly is the least of my concerns - I was just curious

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
@SnBGC and others - thank you - I'll have to see how it works when I get it.
I don't use it that often - typically it's been when I was changing between presets and rather then starting in the middle of song I could "skip" back to the start.

This quite frankly is the least of my concerns - I was just curious
It supports TuneStart, so it should automatically start at the beginning of a song when you change stations if it has it in the buffer.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

The MME uses the new 360L system, it’s more advanced than what you have now in some ways, you can skip back per song or back to the start of a show, it also has OnDemand content that streams over the cars built in cellular connection, it’s pretty cool. It also can use the cell connection to stream the stations if you lose satellite signal. There are also channels on the 700 range that are only available on the 360L system cause they are strictly streamed over cellular.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I think the best feature is the on demand content, as an example you can go through the entire library of Howard Stern interviews and play them on demand through the cars screen
Sponsored