Size comparison to other vehicles?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My Mach E FE is *supposed* to be delivered to my dealership in the Chicago area this week (not that my dealer has been responding to my e-mails lately). My wife and I have yet to actually see one in-person and I am hoping to get an idea of the size of the Mach E compared to other vehicles we might see on the road. In my mind, the Mazda CX-5 seems like it might be similar, but I am hoping that maybe the Mach E is a little bit bigger. Are there other vehicles that are fairly common on the road that might help to paint a mental picture for my wife of what she can expect the Mach E to end up being like size-wise?
Sponsored

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
My Mach E FE is *supposed* to be delivered to my dealership in the Chicago area this week (not that my dealer has been responding to my e-mails lately). My wife and I have yet to actually see one in-person and I am hoping to get an idea of the size of the Mach E compared to other vehicles we might see on the road. In my mind, the Mazda CX-5 seems like it might be similar, but I am hoping that maybe the Mach E is a little bit bigger. Are there other vehicles that are fairly common on the road that might help to paint a mental picture for my wife of what she can expect the Mach E to end up being like size-wise?
I can't specifically answer your question, but i was able to find a local dealer near me that had a MME on their lot and I was able to go see it and even test drive it. Check out cars.com and do a search to see if you can find one. I am waiting on the GT, but at least was able to check one out close up.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
The Lincoln Corsair or Ford Escape will be similar in size to the MME. Our 2018 Lincoln MKC has just 5 cu. ft. more space behind the front seats than the MME.

If you want to take a trip, there are MME's in Libertyville and Barrington for a test drive.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
This website lets you compare the sizes of different cars: https://automobiledimension.com

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The Lincoln Corsair or Ford Escape will be similar in size to the MME. Our 2018 Lincoln MKC has just 5 cu. ft. more space behind the front seats than the MME.

If you want to take a trip, there are MME's in Libertyville and Barrington for a test drive.
Thanks! As a city-dweller, a trip up to Libertyville and Barrington seems farther than I need to go for a car that should hopefully be making its way to the dealership this week. I feel like the dealer I am heading to for purchase in Glenview is far enough from the city for me. LOL.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have test driven the MME. I think it is very close in size to the Jeep except for the storage area where it is slightly smaller. In external dimensions the MME is a couple of inches shorter (3 I think) but the width, length and wheelbase are all within an inch or two. I would expect that the MME will seem larger than the Escape and closer to the Edge.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It’s big. Comparable in length to my 2000 Town and Country, but better looking. It feels big when you drive it. When i put it in the garage (er stable), I realized just how big. Don’t be fooled by wheelbase, look at length, width and height. The MachE has a long wheelbase.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have test driven the MME. I think it is very close in size to the Jeep except for the storage area where it is slightly smaller. In external dimensions the MME is a couple of inches shorter (3 I think) but the width, length and wheelbase are all within an inch or two. I would expect that the MME will seem larger than the Escape and closer to the Edge.
We also own a Ford Edge Limited. Very noticeable size difference that our 2 greyhounds will vouch for. I can fit 4 golf bags across the back of the Edge with the back seats up. The MME can't do the same.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
In my opinion not that hard to find, there are tons of cars.

Model Y

Porsche Macan

X3

Q5

CRV

Volvo xc60

Mercedes glc 300

Acura RDX

Etc etc

Last edited:

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
My wife has a three year old MAzda Cx-5. I measured out the MME in my garage to make sure it could fit with hers and they are very similar. I think the MME is just a tad longer

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
This website lets you compare the sizes of different cars: https://automobiledimension.com
Remember the interior space on an EV tends to be more than an ICE vehicle. The MME with an 117 inch wheelbase should have more cabin area than a typical 186” car.

Car&Driver said : “ In size, at 186 inches long on a 117-inch wheelbase, it slots in between Ford’s Escape and Edge in length, but with a significantly longer wheelbase than both. It’s also low for a crossover at three inches lower than the Escape and five inches lower than the Edge. The competitive vehicle most similar in size is the Jaguar I-Pace, which is slightly longer and taller but rides on the same size of wheelbase and offers similar proportions.”

Last edited:

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Here’s an excerpt from another thread I started regarding size comparisons

Ford Mustang Mach-E Size comparison to other vehicles? 8AD3A34C-06A5-4B45-A0FF-CE459C90542F

Here are the stats and cars compared:
D = Side view length front to back
W = Front view width
H = Height (highest point) to wheels

Kia Seltos
D 4315mm
W 1800
H 1620

Mach E
D 4712
W 1881
H 1597

Mustang
D 4789
W 1916
H 1387

Mazda CX-5
D 4550
W 1840
H 1675

The Mach E is longer and wider than the CX5. The CX5 is taller.

The Mustang Coupe is longer and wider than the Mach E. The Mach E is taller.

Last edited:

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
I have a 2019 CX-5 and finally test drove MME over the weekend. From an interior perspective it is very close. A tad more interior width on MME but it felt just about the same. Slightly more trunk space in the Mazda but of course no frunk. MME does feel more open thanks to that roof too.
Sponsored