2022 Mach e Space White
Country flag

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I wouldn't use that. The parts of the Thule rack that touch your car are specifically designed for each car. That looks like it would mar the paint like crazy. Some folks have used the SeaSucker racks that suction cup to the roof.

What are you trying to accomplish by avoiding the Thule? What are you looking to haul?

Mike F

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E; 2021 Toyota Venza
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Size of Roof Rack/Non Thule Options 1FD9C13E-0872-4E2C-92F5-11018C370200_1_201_a
The Thule rack has worked out well for me. My problem with the Sea Suckers is that they don't have theft protection. Biggest problem with the Thule is wind noise with accessories attached. I imagine that's a problem with any crossbars. Also, the Thule are very expensive.

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Thule are so well engineered, incredible fit and look great on the car. A must for surfers!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Size of Roof Rack/Non Thule Options 1FD9C13E-0872-4E2C-92F5-11018C370200_1_201_a
No paint scratch on damage to the roof on these? Looking to haul a Hobie Outback on Thule and want to make sure I'm doing it right! Do you just do the Wingbar Evo (710501), Kit 145284, and the Evo Clamp (710501)?

Mike F

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No paint scratch on damage to the roof on these? Looking to haul a Hobie Outback on Thule and want to make sure I'm doing it right! Do you just do the Wingbar Evo (710501), Kit 145284, and the Evo Clamp (710501)?
That sounds about right. The problem is that if you order from a place like REI (as I did), they don't have have the MME-specific kit in stock, so you have to order it separately from Thule. You might order the whole thing directly from Thule.

philde

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Mach E AWD
Country flag
I agree, Thule is expensive. But so is your MME. And how much is your gear worth?

I've owned the same Thule bars for 20 years now - and with each new car, I simply buy a car-specific Thule fit kit. I've never - ever - had an issue.

My future MME (delivery next week!) and my gear (kayaks and mountain bikes) are all worth paying for a good rack with a proper fit.

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
That sounds about right. The problem is that if you order from a place like REI (as I did), they don't have have the MME-specific kit in stock, so you have to order it separately from Thule. You might order the whole thing directly from Thule.
Glad you said that because I was going to do REI with a b-day giftcard...good to know!

Mike F

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bought two components from REI because I got a $50 dividend.

SanoBeach

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
No paint scratch or roof damage at all in any way. Thule are an amazing rack and snug fit. The doors close nicely as if no rack at all. Had Thule on a Cayenne for a decade, no issues, zero damage to the car. Evo clamp, wingbar and fit kit as built using the Thule website. Highly recommended.
Sponsored