Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I searched a few threads and found nothing definitive on Sleep Mode. My Mach GT enters sleep mode shortly after I finish a drive. Is there a reason for this and is there some way to prevent it? Not really a big deal - just wondering what the cause is. Biggest issue is my wife does not get to see the pony when I drive her to work! I have had the car for three months now and it has worked on and off. Only concern is if this would be indicative of a potential issue but from my reading it seems a normal occurrence for some.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hit lock, or unlock, button on the app to wake it up.

OP
OP

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks! Basically what I thought but just seems stupid to have Welcome Lighting that does not welcome you because the car is asleep.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanks! Basically what I thought but just seems stupid to have Welcome Lighting that does not welcome you because the car is asleep.
Stop trying to apply logic... ;)

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I searched a few threads and found nothing definitive on Sleep Mode. My Mach GT enters sleep mode shortly after I finish a drive. Is there a reason for this and is there some way to prevent it? Not really a big deal - just wondering what the cause is. Biggest issue is my wife does not get to see the pony when I drive her to work! I have had the car for three months now and it has worked on and off. Only concern is if this would be indicative of a potential issue but from my reading it seems a normal occurrence for some.
I have the same thing happen to me. I could drive an hour and when parked after 10 minutes the car is sleeping again. Happened when I had car updated for recall software. 2 minutes after parking it to discuss with service advisor at dealership the car went to sleep.

I wish I knew why but if it’s happening to everyone, I guess it’s normal.

is this normal for all EV cars?
Sponsored