Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Pretty! But risky since there are NO L3 chargers north of Santa Fe. There aren't even any public access L2 stations until Taos.... But I had a job to do in Chama, and decided to risk the drive up and then over to Taos hoping to find a campground or resturant with a 240v outlet before I got to Taos.... mapped out to right around 200 miles, in my AWD Select SR; so I really wanted to find a charge along the way.

The drive up just north of Espanola gets really pretty
Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_01 up to chama

but there are very few businesses along the way.... I stopped at a resturant/Inn; they had no 240v outlet I could use, but volunteered their 120v for free.;) I decided not to hang around THAT long.... Stopped at a Forest service campground, was closed for the season... so I was getting a little nervous.

Decided to stop at a roadside overnight area, and low and behold, found a 240v outlet at an overgrown campsite!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_02 found L2

It actually had power, so I hooked up, took a walk, and enjoyed the view for about 45 minutes to grab enough kWhr to get me to Taos with 'a little to spare' if my range estimating was close.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_03 L2 in Abiqui 2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_03 L2 in Abiqui 3

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_03 L2 in Abiqui

.... did my work day in Chama, and headed East to Taos.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_04 over to Taos

I should have stopped for some pictures of the mountain pass, but I was having too much fun driving....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_05 along the way

...and arrived in Taos with 11% left, so my estimate was spot on averaging 3.0 miles/kWhr for the day.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slow Tripping in Northern New Mexico 20221028_06 arrived w 11

Taos does have a bunch of L2 charge stations, but no L3. No worries though since I was planning to stay overnight in Taos before heading home to Santa Fe.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
Man, that was an amazing find alongside the road! I am amazed it had power on it. Great pictures of the countryside. Glad you had a good trip.