SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Do you notice your IPC buzz?

• Total voters

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
@Chudsaviet did you get around to modifying your 3D printed solution at all?
Sponsored

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
No, the one I posted works well for me.
It just causes questions on Canada border :)
Ah yes, the infamous Canadian border guards. They once asked me why I was planning to stay in a hotel with the woman next to me. When I replied “because she’s my wife and we’re on vacation” he got super red and defensive ?

I will have to try printing your solution while I wait for Ford’s IPC supplier to catch up with the 21st century.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
No, the one I posted works well for me.
It just causes questions on Canada border :)
I have exactly the same problem. So annoying when it supposed to be a silent car. Chudsaviet, I am about to order a cover like yours. Do you have some pictures showing how it looks in your car when completed? I guess you went for a black plastic and thin insulation foam tape (5x1mm or 6x3mm)?

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I have exactly the same problem. So annoying when it supposed to be a silent car. Chudsaviet, I am about to order a cover like yours. Do you have some pictures showing how it looks in your car when completed? I guess you went for a black plastic and thin insulation foam tape (5x1mm or 6x3mm)?
No, I was very busy last days. No modifications since I posted pictures with the orange cover.
FYI, I shared STEP and .f3d files too, so everyone are free to improve.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
I have ordered your 3D printing solution in black (FDM Onyx composite 100microns thickness 100% solid) and also some foam insulations (with different x1 x2 x3 mm thickness). I will update my post with some pictures and feedback soon...

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I have ordered your 3D printing solution in black (FDM Onyx composite 100microns thickness 100% solid) and also some foam insulations (with different x1 x2 x3 mm thickness). I will update my post with some pictures and feedback soon...
Onyx sounds an overkill for the task, but it would be nice to see what you will achieve!
Don't forget you will need a piece of acrylic too.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Oh, i think i forgot that one. ! Didn’t see it in the description. What do i need? Please Can you help ? Thank you

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Oh, i think i forgot that one. ! Didn’t see it in the description. What do i need? Please Can you help ? Thank you
Shit, you are right. I never mentioned it.
Its just a piece 274x76x3 mm acrylic with rounded corners. I cut my own piece from a big sheet I bought in store.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Hi Chudsavier, thanks for the info but I'm not quite sure where do you place the acrylic material as i can’t see it on the photo ?

Last edited:

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Hi Chudsavier, thanks for the info but I'm not quite sure where do you place the acrylic material as i can’t see it on the photo ?
You can’t see it because acrylic is highly transparent :) Its in front of the screen.
So the printed part and acrylic make a full cover.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Officially changing my answer. I had tested the screen before I bought it (different brightness levels and hazard lights) and I thought I had one of the good ones... but last week I started noticing it. I'm just over 9000 miles now but it definitely wasn't there before. I don't hear it all the time either. But maybe, I'm just getting older? Because I went to test out the wife's Santa Fe and I could hear a buzz in her center screen as well.

Anyways, in the last couple of weeks I've also noticed a rattle in both B-pillars, so I'll likely have to take it in at some point.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
so maybe you guys can help me. I have had my GT for 2 weeks and I hear some sort of rattling noise that seems to come from the display, but only when driving highway speeds. It is a low "scratchy" sound, so I can't tell if it is a rattle or electronic. It is certainly not loud, but it is mildly annoying. Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
so maybe you guys can help me. I have had my GT for 2 weeks and I hear some sort of rattling noise that seems to come from the display, but only when driving highway speeds. It is a low "scratchy" sound, so I can't tell if it is a rattle or electronic. It is certainly not loud, but it is mildly annoying. Does this sound like what you are experiencing?
The screen buzz you will hear when the vehicle is parked and on, just put your ear up against the instrument cluster, if you have a good one you will hear a buzz when your ear is very close if you have a bad one you will hear in your normal driving position :(.

The rattling will be down to something else, and it could be absolute anything :(
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK