SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Do you notice your IPC buzz?

• Total voters

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
If you want to hear a truly awful noise watch this video of this souped up mach e

Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Oh believe me, I will still argue anyone who implies ”its normal”, both new people who come here and Ford executives if I get to speak to them.
You just don’t read well do you? It’s normal for these parts doesn’t imply acceptability. Somehow you just don’t get it.

You're not accomplishing anything complaining here. File a lemon law claim or see an attorney.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
You just don’t read well do you? It’s normal for these parts doesn’t imply acceptability. Somehow you just don’t get it.

You're not accomplishing anything complaining here. File a lemon law claim or see an attorney.
1) ”It’s normal for these parts doesn’t imply acceptability.” - but it does imply.
2) Stop telling me what to do. https://psychcentral.com/blog/imperfect/2020/02/its-time-to-stop-giving-unsolicited-advice

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I have also just received my car and I can hear the buzz when parked up.

If it was 'normal' then the main Ipad size screen would also emit it and also would be classed as 'normal'. I find it unacceptable for a car of this price and in this league.

Last edited:

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I haven't heard back from Customer Service after escalating the issue. My plan B is to annoy the dealership and take the car there every week until Ford does something about it

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I have also just received my car and I can hear the buzz when parked up.

If it was 'normal' then the main Ipad size screen would also emit it and also would be classed as 'normal'. I find it unacceptable for a car of this price and in this league.
No because it's not the same hardware as the main screen.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Did they happen to mention anything about the extremely slow phone charging speed with the wireless charger? Would be nice to actually place it down, get a charge, and not run out of battery while using Android auto! I have been plugging my phone in, which is annoying!
I haven't had an issue with this, but I know the performance of wireless charging drops off pretty quickly with larger distances / misalignment. Since there is already the stock rubber mat on top of the charger if your phone has a case on it that can build up enough of a gap above the actual charger. If you have a case, try removing it and seeing if the charge rate improves.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I haven't had an issue with this, but I know the performance of wireless charging drops off pretty quickly with larger distances / misalignment. Since there is already the stock rubber mat on top of the charger if your phone has a case on it that can build up enough of a gap above the actual charger. If you have a case, try removing it and seeing if the charge rate improves.
It also won't charge very fast if you have android auto and other stuff running.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Has anyone documented via video what this noise sounds like?

I feel like that may help everyone get on the same page here. On mine, I personally hear a buzzing sound only when the car ac is off, radio is off and I'm parked in a garage. So I'm curious if it's the same sound but louder, or if it's just something totally different

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Has anyone documented via video what this noise sounds like?

I feel like that may help everyone get on the same page here. On mine, I personally hear a buzzing sound only when the car ac is off, radio is off and I'm parked in a garage. So I'm curious if it's the same sound but louder, or if it's just something totally different
Of course. Please note that the first video is louder than in real life.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
There's always going to be cheap parts in everything. Most of the Tesla interior looks cheap. The gear and volume selectors in the Mach E look and feel cheap. Does that mean they're defective?
What makes it defective / inadequate / wrong - whatever word you want to use (it doesn’t matter) is that a screen shouldn’t buzz like that in a $60,000 car. It isn’t acceptable. Ford knows it isn’t acceptable, and it won’t be there in the 2022 model. So again, the only question is whether we can get Ford to warranty ours once they have a non-buzzing screen - a point I think you agree with.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
What makes it defective / inadequate / wrong - whatever word you want to use (it doesn’t matter) is that a screen shouldn’t buzz like that in a $60,000 car. It isn’t acceptable. Ford knows it isn’t acceptable, and it won’t be there in the 2022 model. So again, the only question is whether we can get Ford to warranty ours once they have a non-buzzing screen - a point I think you agree with.
The other screen doesn't buzz so why should it be acceptable and a non warranty issue if the small screen buzzes!

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I called the customer service, created a case with them. Short summary
- Ford "engineering team" contact the dealership
- Dealership said the noise is aligned with the SSM
- Customer service contacted me and said they cannot do anything for now, when I mentioned that other Mach-Es do not have this noise the customer service replied that there is no guarantee that they won't have in the future (WTF?)
- Customer service suggested that I take the car for a second dealership opinion (I'm taking it on Wednesday)

@Ford Motor Company

I'll probably file a Lemon Law claim.. this is just not acceptable

Last edited:

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
when I mentioned that other Mach-Es do not have this noise
Different people have different opinions. It's your car and your time, so it's your decision.

But I (and many people here) believe that every Mach E has the noise. So there's no point trying to get it fixed right now.

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I should have been clearer. I drove another Mach-E this weekend that did not have the noise
Sponsored

Last edited: