SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Do you notice your IPC buzz?

• Total voters

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
The screen buzz you will hear when the vehicle is parked and on, just put your ear up against the instrument cluster, if you have a good one you will hear a buzz when your ear is very close if you have a bad one you will hear in your normal driving position :(.

The rattling will be down to something else, and it could be absolute anything :(
Thanks, i just found the YouTube video of the buzzing and I don't have that, or notice it. I guess I will just live with my scratchy rattle :) My first American car.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Thanks, i just found the YouTube video of the buzzing and I don't have that, or notice it. I guess I will just live with my scratchy rattle :) My first American car.
Probably worth poking around at bits of the trim while driving to see if you can get it to stop, most of the areas that are typically prone to rattling in a Fords interior tend to come from having to have an interior that works across multiple trim levels so is constructed to account for interchangeable parts that can rattle at all the various joints over time.

With the mach-e it is pretty much immune from this as every trim basically get the same bits, prod around at things like the sun glasses holder and check your seat belt buckles, if you've had passengers in and out there are times where the seat buckles can get twisted when retracting so can rattle around against the trim as they are longer sitting flush. Also worth poking around at the door cards as could be a simple case of it not being attached fully.

Rattles are unfortunately one of those things that can be tricky to track down :(

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I haven't checked these forums in a while. I had my screen replaced back in March ( High-pitched "Electrical Whine" | Page 26 | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com ). Sounds like I got off lucky...

The new screen helped but didn't eliminate the while. I didn't have any of the software issues that other people did, but I absolutely have the dash rattle now. It seems like it comes and goes. Pushing on various places on the dash will occasionally help, but otherwise there hasn't been much (anything) that I've found works.
Any luck regarding your dash rattle? I actually managed to record it, its really bad. Its like a creaking more than a rattle. I've pushed all over my dash, where it sounds like it is coming from but the dash is actually very solid with no give... not sure what can be under it causing it?

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
No. It does seem like it comes and goes which I don't really get. It's not bad enough that I feel like I need to take it into the dealership, but it is something that I'll bring up when I do my 10k service.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Chudsaviet. I received the material and I have attached the 3D model Pictures. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit properly ! Did you cut into the car panel to push the cover down ?

D932E5CA-1337-40A0-8D45-6EF7C15D7FDB_1_102_o.jpeg

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Chudsaviet. I received the material and I have attached the 3D model Pictures. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit properly ! Did you cut into the car panel to push the cover down ?
No, its non-invasive fix. Don’t cut anything in the car!
Its not supposed to 100% fit the panel curves (I’m not able to capture the curves, so I just estimated them). I used the insulation tape to cover the gaps. Especially focus on properly insulating gaps in the front, facing to the driver - its where the buzz is coming from.
Have you added the acrylic screen too?

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Humm,
Do you think Ford will send a firmware / software update to resolve this buzzing noise?

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Humm,
Do you think Ford will send a firmware / software update to resolve this buzzing noise?
Its bad coils or capacitors. They can’t be fixed by software themselves, but probably its possible to increase the frequency to the unhearable range. This is highly unlikely through.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
So disappointing
Have you heard if anyone had it fixed by Ford ?
The cover doesn’t look good in my car, seems to be too small and not well fitted at all..
Don’t know what to do now…

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
So disappointing
The cover doesn’t look good in my car, seems to be too small and not well fitted at all..
Too small? Its not supposed to be too small, its probably printed wrong.
About looks I agree - there is nothing we can do.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So disappointing
There are multiple people in this thread that have had Ford attempt to fix it. Unfortunately, there is a bulletin that specifically states it is normal and the GTs also have it.

I'm one of the people that had a repair attempted. They replaced my screen and the buzzing is slightly reduced, but certainly still there. And it caused a host of other issues, such a nightmare.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Too small? Its not supposed to be too small, its probably printed wrong.
About looks I agree - there is nothing we can do.
Can you confirm the dimensions?
Model size: 280.40 x 34.80 x72.36 millimeters
Volume: 72.12 centimeters3
Because it doesn’t fit the panel at all
Very strange

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Can you confirm the dimensions?
Model size: 280.40 x 34.80 x72.36 millimeters
Volume: 72.12 centimeters3
Because it doesn’t fit the panel at all
Very strange
Sounds correct, but I suppose you copy-pasted it from the printer's website. Can you do the direct measurement?
The cover may be a little too big (which is corrected by the insulation tape), but shall not be too small.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Yes the measurements were taken from the 3D file. Material respect the dimensions but it seems that the left curved corner is way high leaving a big gap at the top
?
Sponsored