SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Do you notice your IPC buzz?

• Total voters

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I can confirm that my GT has screen buzz, but it is much less noticeable than my FE had.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: ARK

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
The buzz I heard was not electronic. It was a buzz coming from the screen area and seemed to be temperature sensitive. Now that it's cool weather the buzz was more constant. I found putting pressure on the passenger side of the screen eliminated the buzzing sound. Sooo, I took a small piece of a plastic Chinese takeout container with the raised area for the lid attachment and wedged it behind the screen with the raised area in the space. This allows for pressure, yet will also allows for temperature variation.

Sad to have to do this on an expensive vehicle. I know Ford as a Rattle, Squeak and Buzz department. Hopefully they have corrected this going forward.
I must see a picture of this setup! Chinese takeout containers are one thing I have plenty of.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
I must see a picture of this setup! Chinese takeout containers are one thing I have plenty of.
You can see the piece I cut from the container and the placement.

InkedIMG_0090_LI.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had to really stare at the picture to see it, the red circle is confusing. This is it, right?

Ford Mustang Mach-E SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 3.40.20 PM

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
The buzzing noise is coming from the IPC panel and not from the large front screen !
I have contacted Ford UK customer services to get an update and a fix on this issue.

Last edited:

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I have an Update from Ford UK

Ford Mustang Mach-E SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) 1636467769096

Fingers crossed ?
Does that SSM replace the old buzzing SSM? A little concerning theyā€™re already behind schedule with the new SSM since it is now November.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have an Update from Ford UK

Ford Mustang Mach-E SM 49810 - Buzz Noise From The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) 1636467769096

Fingers crossed ?
This is hopeful and I echo the question - does this SSM apply in the states now as well? Our prior SSM was "Yea, it's there, deal with it".

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This is hopeful and I echo the question - does this SSM apply in the states now as well? Our prior SSM was "Yea, it's there, deal with it".
Did they sort of soft start replacing screens a few months ago for people who insisted without really announcing it? I am thinking of @Mirak ā€˜s experience.

My hesitation is the people who did this replacement say some buzzing is still there, and some people have said they have had other weird issues crop up after their screen was replaced.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Mine buzzes but I'm going to leave it alone as my tinnitus is louder than the buzzing screen. :rolleyes:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Did they sort of soft start replacing screens a few months ago for people who insisted without really announcing it? I am thinking of @Mirak ā€˜s experience.

My hesitation is the people who did this replacement say some buzzing is still there, and some people have said they have had other weird issues crop up after their screen was replaced.
Yea - some folks who had more helpful dealers had their screen replaced, but there was never an official announcement from Ford that newer screens were fixed, so those folks still had some buzzing.

My dealer referenced the SSM and that was it - I didn't fight back after hearing that those that did have replacements didn't see much improvement.

This new SSM is hopeful though - so long as it's true.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I can confirm that my GT has screen buzz, but it is much less noticeable than my FE had.
My GTPE has it, but itā€™s very quiet, nothing like the videos in this thread and doesnā€™t seem to change pitch when turn signals are on.

I was worried when I ordered but now am happy.

I can only hear it if the car isnā€™t moving, itā€™s totally quiet (no A/C, no radio, no outside noise) and I lean forward.

In other words, for normal situations, I canā€™t hear it.

Literally any other noise in the car is louder, including the a/c. Iā€™ll post a video in a few.

Here is the video. Whatā€™s interesting is it sounds waaaay louder in the video than in person. And if you notice, even the phone only picks up the sound when 6 inches away and really hears it when itā€™s 1 inch away. When my head or the phone is where I sit, neither can hear it.

Last edited:

IB_NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext. Range
Country flag
Ford Customer service got back to me today and they are still claiming it is just a normal sound....
Sponsored