Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I want to preface this by saying I know that I shouldn't do this. And, usually, my wife is good at moderating any aggressive behavior behind the wheel, but today...today, she was an active participant.

Where we live here in Colorado there is one main road in and out of the neighborhood. There is an equestrian center just down the street from our house and the riders often have to cross the road to ride in the open space area. So, a number of years ago a light was installed. When a rider wants to cross, they push the button and we get red light for both directions to safely allow them to cross. This light is about 200 yards from another feeder road to the expensive neighborhood. So, for that short period, plus about 100 feet we have two lanes until it turns into one. It's common courtesy to line up behind each other at the light since the merge is so short.

So, this morning we get caught behind the light and about 5 or so cars line up when a tool in a dark blue Model S pulls up ahead of everybody next to me angling to cut me off. My wife just looks over and says "I don't think so". He got the jump on me and was pedal to the metal. It took me only about 20 feet to smoke his pathetic ass and get ahead of him. You take this road about a mile until it comes to a T where you take a left to get out of the neighborhood and to C-470. Mr. Tool again thinks he has the onions to pass me and cut me off on the right to get on the freeway. Smoked for the second time and this time I can see his wife/girlfriend laughing her ass off in the passenger seat. He stayed far behind on the CSP-frequented freeway sulking like the tool he is.

All of this was in Whisper mode with snow tires.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My perspective on doing this sort of thing is it depends. I live in a hilly area, and all the roads are one lane in each direction. When approaching from town in any direction, two lane roads turn into one lane roads.

There are places where people can jump in front of each other in a similar way. My perspective is, if someone wants to drive faster than traffic is moving, better to jump ahead of them rather than get stuck behind slow moving traffic.

On the flip side, it always drives me up a wall if I am driving at say a 7, someone will take it to a 9 just to pass me, and then drop down to a 5 as soon as they get in front of me for the whole multi-mile trip on the single lane road into the hills.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I want to preface this by saying I know that I shouldn't do this. And, usually, my wife is good at moderating any aggressive behavior behind the wheel, but today...today, she was an active participant.

Where we live here in Colorado there is one main road in and out of the neighborhood. There is an equestrian center just down the street from our house and the riders often have to cross the road to ride in the open space area. So, a number of years ago a light was installed. When a rider wants to cross, they push the button and we get red light for both directions to safely allow them to cross. This light is about 200 yards from another feeder road to the expensive neighborhood. So, for that short period, plus about 100 feet we have two lanes until it turns into one. It's common courtesy to line up behind each other at the light since the merge is so short.

So, this morning we get caught behind the light and about 5 or so cars line up when a tool in a dark blue Model S pulls up ahead of everybody next to me angling to cut me off. My wife just looks over and says "I don't think so". He got the jump on me and was pedal to the metal. It took me only about 20 feet to smoke his pathetic ass and get ahead of him. You take this road about a mile until it comes to a T where you take a left to get out of the neighborhood and to C-470. Mr. Tool again thinks he has the onions to pass me and cut me off on the right to get on the freeway. Smoked for the second time and this time I can see his wife/girlfriend laughing her ass off in the passenger seat. He stayed far behind on the CSP-frequented freeway sulking like the tool he is.

Best Danny McBride voice “You just got smoked in whisper mode!”

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Smoked Tesla S - care of Mach-E dis-gon-be-good-this-gonna-be-good

So, this morning we get caught behind the light and about 5 or so cars line up when a tool in a dark blue Model S pulls up ahead of everybody next to me angling to cut me off. My wife just looks over and says "I don't think so".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Smoked Tesla S - care of Mach-E its-on-like-donkey-kon

He got the jump on me and was pedal to the metal. It took me only about 20 feet to smoke his pathetic ass and get ahead of him. You take this road about a mile until it comes to a T where you take a left to get out of the neighborhood and to C-470. Mr. Tool again thinks he has the onions to pass me and cut me off on the right to get on the freeway. Smoked for the second time and this time I can see his wife/girlfriend laughing her ass off in the passenger seat. He stayed far behind on the CSP-frequented freeway sulking like the tool he is.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Smoked Tesla S - care of Mach-E 200w (2)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

16 year old?

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
hmm…I’ve never tried Whisper mode, maybe I’m missing something! Lol. I think I want those snow tires too…⚡❄
Forgot to add, I often find it hard to imagine a car being faster than my mme. How fast does one have to go to lift off the ground, cuz that what it feels like. A few times it has felt like faster than 3.5. Helluva fast car.
good for you!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Grow Up........people die doing this kind of sh.t !
Derek, feel free to mark me as ignore. If you hover over my name in any of the posts, you will have an option to ignore. This way, nothing I say or do will trigger you.
Sponsored